Can I Trust Slim Lipo Treatment From and Indian Institute (Costs Less) That Claims These Things?

Can I Trust Slim I-lipo Treatment from an Indian Institute ,though Cost is Less in India , is It Just Scam.. they claim to reduce 5-10 kgs in total 24 hrs (1.5 hrs per session. twice a week.over a 8 week period). say its Non invasive, permanent wt loss. cost 3500-7000 INR my mom has osteoporosis..and suffers from knee pain..walks slowly, cant climb stairs.. she is scared of knee transplantation or any surgeries. i thought this treatment if true will take a good weight off her knees..and give sense of relief.. is it a scam..how does it work

Slim Lipo out of the Country

+1

Unless you can travel back and forth to India for post operative visits, I would never consider having this surgery out of the country.  Staying safe should be your first priority, not cost.  Consult with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon ( ASPS) regarding his recommendations and finance options.

SLIM Lipo safety in the US

+1

I have performed hundreds of SLIM lipo procedures for the last 2 years with very good safety profile and very high patient satisfaction and minimal downtime.  However, I cannot speak for procedures performed outside the US.  Claims for removal of fat 5-10 kg in 24 hours is can be very unsafe and may lead to excessive blood loss, fluid loss, causing fluid and electrolyte imbalance and heart instability, as well as the ability of the blood to clot.  Bottom line, the small amount of money you save by going abroad, you can pay dearly by compromising your safety.  Plus, if you add airfare, hotel and travel costs, traveling abroad for surgery is not as cost effective any longer.

Melinda Lirag Lacerna-Kimbrell, MD, FACS
Sarasota Plastic Surgeon