Should I Trust my Plastic Surgeon, for a Revision Rhinoplasty?

Its about to be a whole year so, the time has come , Im still not happy with my nose it still projects out the same as it did before, My PS made the bulbous tip smaller but its still large Im considering him again first because it'll be cheaper, 2nd cause he made it look a bit better, and he didnt do a botch job. I just think he didnt do enough , My question is Should I go back? Another question when a nose is super large (roman type) will it take more than one nose job to make it look slim?

+2

I’m serious when I say “better that your plastic surgeon took too little than too much”.  You really need to sit with your surgeon and have a frank discussion with him, and lay out your expectations.

Jonathan Ross Berman, M.D. , F.A.C.S.

Palm Beach Plastic Surgeon

Do you go back to your rhinoplasty for a revision

+2

I beleve if you trust him yes if indeed he is comfortable with it and does revisions. Revisions are a whole different entity.Soe doctors dont do revisions

Revision rhinoplasty with original surgeon

+2

It is always best to go back to the original surgeon for any touchup work that may be required on a rhinoplasty.  Even experienced rhinoplasty surgeons have a 10-15% revision touchup rate.  Just make sure your surgeon has extensive experience in revision rhinoplasty before undergoing the procedure.  The size of the nose will not effect whether or not a touchup will be needed.

You may benefit from a second opinion before proceeding with Revision Rhinoplasty Surgery.

+1

I read your concerns:

It sounds like you have a good relationship with your rhinoplasty surgeon, but this does not ensure he would adequately achieve deprojection of your tip with another operation. In your situation, you like your nose but it just projects too far from your face. You may want to ask him how he would plan on achieving your goals, and how might this affect the rest of your tip.

For example to deproject your tip, I might divide your lower lateral cartilages, suture your medial crurae together, and then lower the height of your medial crural complex. This could cause slight widening of your nostrils which might need narrowing during your surgery. I know this sounds confusing, but this could be explained during a consultation.

How would your surgeon achieve your goals? If the explanation sounds reasonable, and if you trust his expertise, this may be helpful for making your decision.

Hope this helps you.

Dr. Joseph

Web reference: http://nosejobphotos.com/

West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Should I Trust my Plastic Surgeon for a Revision Rhinoplasty

+1

You provide excellent reasons for your surgeon to do your revision. If you have doubts it might be helpful to get a second opinion from other rhinoplasty surgeons. In response to your last question, rhinoplasty surgery is not staged just because the nose is super large.

Trust original surgeon for revision

+1

It sounds like you haven't lost faith in your original surgeon and that he did make some improvements to your nose. It is certainly worth talking to him to see what could be done to address your concerns. The benefits of having your original surgeon do the revision is that he knows what was done during the first surgery and decreased cost.

You may want to get a second opinion for another rhinoplasty surgeon who's experienced in revision work. this would allowyou to get a better point for comparison.

Web reference: http://www.drlamperti.com/facial-plastic-surgery/revision-rhinoplasty

Should my original surgeon do my revision Rhinoplasty

+1

Make sure your surgeon understands what your concerns are and get a firm idea of what he is going to do to improve the appearance. Then get at least one other consultation with a surgeon that has Rhinoplasty experience to compare what he has to say. Ultimately you have to give control over to your surgeon but you want to make sure he understands the issue and has a good plan in place. Best of Luck  Dr Harrell

Web reference: http://www.westonsurgery.com

Choice of surgeon for revision rhinoplasty

+1

In general, it is a good idea to consider your primary rhinoplasty surgeon for a revision, if necessary, for a few reasons. He or she is familiar with what was done during your surgery, has developed a relationship with you, and should be less expensive than another surgeon.

However, you should make sure of a few things before you make your decision. First your surgeon needs to be experienced in rhinoplasty and revision rhinoplasty. Check out before/after photos in the office to see examples of other noses he or she has done. Second, make sure you and your surgeon are on the same page in terms of the aesthetic goals. I find computer imaging to be a very useful part of my primary and revision rhinoplasty consultations for this reason. Third, make sure your doc communicates to you exactly what is planned in terms of specific surgical maneuvers and why he or she is doing each one. This will help you feel comfortable that you are in the right hands. Lastly, it may not be a bad idea to at least consult with one or two other revision rhinoplasty experts in your area. The relatively small price of paying a consult fee or two is worth it in making sure you are getting consistent answers and a good understanding of what your issues are. In Houston, Dr. Russ Kridel would be a good surgeon to visit. 

Dr. Mehta

Web reference: http://www.mehtaplasticsurgery.com/rhinoplasty/

Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon