Should I Trust a Doctor to Use Hyaluronidase to Remove Juvederm Under Eyes Who Has Never Used It? (photo)

or is it edema like she says? doctor injects herself and says she has never used the enzyme as no one ever needed it and this will make my situation worse. based on the picture-17 days from procedure with no reductions in swelling, i'm afraid to go back. she claims it's just edema-w/ a press, i can move the product/edema around. if it is movable at this stage, can it still be juvaderm? she injected very superficially.

Seek advice from another physician

+3

Well, your pictures look better than the last ones you posted several days ago. Still, at this point, I'd visit another physician injector for an evaluation. Yes, some of it is probably edema, but some of if is probably superficial filler that can/should be removed. I don't recommend having hyaluronidase from your injector if she told you she's not used it before and seems uncomfortable with it. Just seek a consultation from another physician in-person and go from there.

Use of hyaluronidase to remove filler

+2

As with anything in life, you're best off going to someone who has formal training and experience using hyaluronidase (an antidote for hyaluronic acid) such as a dermatologist. I'd still wait another 1-2 weeks as some of your issue is likely edema, but after that, a 2nd opinion may be worthwhile by someone with experience with this substance.

Benjamin Barankin, MD
Toronto Dermatologic Surgeon

Hyaluronidase under eyes, should I trust someone ..........

+2

Yes and No. If you have a physician that does a lot of fillers all of the time and has not had a problem, they might have never had to use this. That physician, I might trust. If they have not used this because they are not experienced injectors, I would not be the first. Everyone has had a first experience with this product. If you are nervous or unsure about  your doctor, see someone else.  Since this is a tender area, If it were me I would choose someone who says that they have done this before(hopefully when patient saw them after someone else injected)

Jo Herzog, MD
Birmingham Dermatologist

Hyaluronidase in Los Angeles and sequela

+1

You should have the procedure to reverse the Juvederm with a physician whose experience you trust.  If you have doubts, use your intuition about the decision. Raffy Karamanoukian, Los Angeles

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS