Can I trust that 350cc implants will give me a C cup (D at the very very most)?

In 2 weeks I'm supposed to get 350cc silicone implants under the muscle. I am 5'7 and 128lbs. I used to be a solid C wearing 34C bras, but even though I still wear the same size bras, they are empty as my boobs are completely deflated. I want my "solid C" back. I asked my friends what they got and it looks like 325-350cc gives a DD cup and I am FREAKING OUT! I trust my doctor, but I need reassurance I won't be big. I am planning to talk with him about it, but wanted to seek other opinions.

Implant size

+1

What implant size should I chose is a very commonly asked question and of course very important. In general, size is best be determined during an in person consultation. The factors included in this determination can be chest size, amount of breast tissue initially present, skin elasticity, and of course, a patient’s expectations.

I will say that in general, one year post op, when women are asked if they like their size, do they wish they went larger or smaller, more than 50% of women will wish they went bigger. Just keep this in mind.

In general each 150-200 cc will bring you up one cup size.

Wellesley Plastic Surgeon

350cc implants will give me a C cup (D at the very very most)?

+1

In regards to breast implant size/profile that will best help achieve your goals, I agree it will be in your best interest to spend more time with your plastic surgeon. Careful measurements, dimensional planning, and careful communication will be key.

Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering breast augmentation surgery ( regarding breast implant size/profile selection) is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully. Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you're looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.

2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining which operation and/or breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals.In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or "C or D cup" etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful. Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup size may also be inaccurate.

The use of computer imaging may also be helpful during this communication process.

Regardless of what you might hear, there is no reliable correlation between volume of breast implant used and increase in breast (cup) size achieved.

3. Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly, allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals. Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery.

I hope this, and the attached link, helps.

BBA

+1

This is a common issue. There is no way to guarantee a certain cup size. Sizing varies greatly between different bra manufacturers/brands. A C in one bra could be a small D in another bra. Don't get hung up on bra sizes - look at the implants on you in a mirror and choose the profile/projection you like the most. Your surgeon should have sizing bras to do this for you.

Asif Pirani, MD, FRCS(C)

Are my implants too big?

+1

Patients often want a specific correlation between implant size and cup size, but the definition of "cup size" varies widely from person to person and bra to bra.There are many factors that determine your ultimate shape and size post augmentation. Based on your description your surgeon's implant selection seems reasonable. Be candid about your concerns when you meet again and ask to see before and after photos of patients that are similar in size and shape as yourself. Best of luck.

Sarah A. Mess, MD
Columbia Plastic Surgeon

Breast Implant Size

+1

Breast implants do not come measured in cup size. Only the bra manufacturers measure the breast cup size and they are all different. However, in general terms, I tell my patients that about 200 cc for an average size woman will bring you up about a cup size. The best way to determine what looks good on you is to try on sizers. These are not simply breast implants used to put in the bra as that method is often deceptive. The sizers used are more like the "chicken cutlet" silicone bra fillers. We have them in a multitude of sizes and this may give you best method of determining the correct size. Please be sure you are comfortable with the size before going ahead with the surgery.

William LoVerme, MD

Will 350cc implants get her solid C-cup back?

+1

I think you are on good footing. A 350cc implant seems to be a wise choice to deliver on your expectations. I will note, however, that I prefer the Sientra 355cc highly cohesive round gel implant, a Gummy Bear implant. I've been in practice for fifteen years and place between 300-500 implants annually. In my experience, the Sientra implant offers the best appearance (especially if the desired look is natural), the lowest complication profile, and, most recently, a warranty.

On a final note - see your surgeon if you have any questions. Avoid the freak out! At Stillwater, we make it a practice of being available before surgery so that patients are comfortable and secure throughout the entire process. No surprises!

Peter J. Capizzi, MD
Charlotte Plastic Surgeon

350cc implants too big?

+1

Preoperative photos and measurements of your chest and breasts would help to answer your question more accurately. Since cup size is a ratio of breast volume to chest circumference it is tough to estimate exact post-operative bra sizes. Another confounding factor is that there is no standardization of this ratio by bra manufacturers.

However, a very rough estimate is that it usually takes about 150cc to make a change in cup size in a 32 or 34 circumference chest. Therefore if you are already a small 34 C, adding 350 will likely increase you a bit more than 2 cup sizes, likely making you a full D to DD .

This being said, the final bra size should not be your final goal, but a shape and volume that is proportionate to your body type. This is where the measurements come in to discuss with you the range of implants are best for you and more specifically which implant in that range will give you your desired result.

One tool I find helpful is Vectra 3D imaging, where I can virtually implant the different sizes and styles of implants and see a 3D image of your chest morph into a pretty accurate representation of your final result with some limitations of course.

Hope this helps and best of luck.

Luis H. Macias, MD

350 cc should do it

+1

Izabela:

It's hard to tell without the benefit of exam or pictures but from what you describe, I would expect 350 cc to take you to a "solid C". Does your surgeon have sizers? Although not exactly the same, a sizing appointment with your surgeon or staff can be very helpful in determining implant sizing.

Good luck to you!

G. Robert Meger, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon