Is It True That Wisdom Teeth Extraction Will Change Your Face?

I heard many speculations that this procedure will actually change your face shape and even read that some models have this surgery done to make their face more chiseled. I don't want to post the link to the article here, but if you do some easy research, you'll surely find it. Anyway, I'm looking forward to hearing some opinions from other doctors. Thanks in advance for answering my question.

Will wisdom teeth extractions change your face?

+2

Extraction of your wisdom teeth will not change your face. Because they are the last teeth in your mouth they do not influence the shape of your face. Extraction of premolars for orthodontics may have an impact, or the extraction of canines which are the cornerstone of our mouth but not wisdom teeth.

Washington Cosmetic Dentist