Is It True when Having a Tt and Bbl Together You Cant Use Fat from the Belly for Your Bbl and if So Why Not?

Tummy tuck and buttock enhancement

+2

es you can use the fat from the tummy tuck to the buttock as a dermis fat graft.

This procedure has been well described in Aesthetic surgery journal,

We have done about 12 cases with full success

Tummy tuck and brazilian butt lift

+2

Thank you for your question. I don't recommend doing a Tummy tuck and a Brazilian butt lift together. Your recovery will be very challenging_and there are also postoperative implications of doing  both procedures at the same time.  If you have both procedures at the same time you will be able to use the fat from your belly for the Brazilian butt lift.

Wilberto Cortes, MD

Combining Tummy Tuck and Brazilian Butt Lift (BBL)

+1
Yes, you can use the fat that would otherwise be discarded at the time of a tummy tuck for a Brazilian Butt Lift (BBL) done at the same time. This is especially useful when a woman doesn't have much fat from other areas (i.e.: hips, thighs) to transfer to the buttocks.  However, the challenge in combining a TT and BBL is that the recovery can be difficult for the patient.  Normally, we recommend  that after a BBL, the patient avoids sitting or lying on her buttocks.  However, after a TT, the patients are unable to lie on their stomachs as well.  In addition, the survival of the injected fat may be worse when combining the two procedures, because the patient is unable to avoid lying on her back or sitting.  

Laurence Weider, MD

It is truely posible!

+1

of course yes, you take out fat from belly first then you take it out from the back and inject it in the butt and the last part would be the tummy tuck. i do it frecuently. no problem at all

Ramon Sabala, MD

When having the Brazilian Butt Lift, can you use fat from the skin removed from a Tummy Tuck?

+1

Yes, you definitely CAN use fat from the belly area during a tummy tuck for transfer to your buttocks.  I have done this many, many times, especially when a woman is small and doesn't have very much fat to work with.  If you are having a tummy tuck at the same time, the fat which would normally be thrown away can be removed from the skin and used to fill your buttocks even more.  IF you have more than enough fat elsewhere, then it is reasonable to do the surgeries separately.

Daniel P. Markmann, MD

Yes, fat that is harvested from the tummy can be uses for fat transfer in Brazilian Butt Lift (BBL).

+1

To be sure, see two or more board-certified plastic surgeons in your area for a full and complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have surgery.  I hope this helps.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

Tummy tuck and bbl together

+1

I do use the fat harvested from the tummy area and inject it into the buttock region. I am not sure why the doctor you consulted with advised it not to be performed. You will have discomfort on both sides front and back, but typically the bbl does not have significant discomfort.

Rick Rosen, MD
Norwalk Plastic Surgeon