Is It True That This is the Max I Can Achieve, with a Rhinoplasty? It's Been 1 Month. (photo)

I had a Rhinoplasty 16th of January. My doctor told me before, that a reduction of my nose,will be difficult because of the thickness of my skin. He raised my tip (this was hanging before, specialy when I was laughing),removed the hump, and did osteotomy. What can you me tell by looking at the pictures?? Will my profile change in time, because have a lot of swelling, a specialy in the tip? Sometimes my nose looks bigger then before. You can not see it maybe in this pictures...but it really does.

Be patient

+2

I think you have an excellent early result. With thick skin, you have to be careful not to over reduce the nose, or there is not enough support for the thick skin envelope and the nose can look worse. I would apply pressure with your fingers and massage the skin to help reduce the swelling. It should continue to improve for a whole year.

Rhinoplasty Results

+2

If you are only one month after surgery, you still have more healing to go.  You should continue to see changes for several months as the swelling resolves and the tissues settle.

Good Luck.

David Shafer, MD

Not the final result after one month

+2

You're very early in the healing process. You need to give your nose time to heal and allow the normal post-operative skin swelling to subside.

Thomas A. Lamperti, MD

Rhinoplasty Result

+2

You have had significant improvement after your rhinoplasty surgery. It takes at least a year to see the final result, especially in a patient like you with thick skin. The temporary changes in your appearance are also part of the healing process.