Is it true that the best coolscuplt results occur when any given area is treated twice within a two week span of time?

I got my procedure done 3/20/14. I had two sections done in one day. One on my lower abdomen and one on the upper abdomen. I was debating whether to go in for 2nd procedure within the 2 weeks of first procedure as recommended by doctor, or to wait 2 months before second procedure. I'm 5'5 120 and my target area is some what small.

Interval between CoolSculpting treatments

+2
While I do not think there is any harm in having a second CoolSculpting treatment done 2 weeks after the first, I generally like to wait 1-2 months between treatments.  At 2 weeks after the first treatment, you would not yet be able to see the results of the procedure.  

San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

+2
It is best to wait about a month in between CoolSculpting treatments. Many patients do not even see results until after a month. 

Daniel Shapiro, MD

Too soon

+2
I would recommend waiting about a month in between treatments. Coolsculpt is a great way to decrease unwanted fat. Good luck with you treatment.
Dr. T

Scott Tucker, MD
Winston Salem Plastic Surgeon

Time between Coolsculpting Treatments

+1
Zeltiq received its FDA approval and conducted its clinical studies with a 30 day timeframe between treatments on the same area. Different areas can be treated on the same day or at any time subsequently. Each treatment will eliminate approximately 20% of the fat cells in the treated area.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

Cool Sculpting

+1
It is an off label use to use the applicator twice on the same area.  This can be done after the first treatment on the area but in a slightly different position.

Robert Whitfield, MD, FACS

Coolsculpting and timing

+1
Years ago when this technology was invented the company recommended waiting two to four months for a repeat procedure.  If the treated area is badly in need of cool sculpting you will need a repeat procedure one to two months later.  Two weeks is much too soon to re-treat.  Please find an experienced  board certified dermatologist for the best results.

Michele S. Green, MD