Is it true that the best coolscuplt results occur when any given area is treated twice within a two week span of time?

I got my procedure done 3/20/14. I had two sections done in one day. One on my lower abdomen and one on the upper abdomen. I was debating whether to go in for 2nd procedure within the 2 weeks of first procedure as recommended by doctor, or to wait 2 months before second procedure. I'm 5'5 120 and my target area is some what small.

Interval between CoolSculpting treatments

+2
While I do not think there is any harm in having a second CoolSculpting treatment done 2 weeks after the first, I generally like to wait 1-2 months between treatments.  At 2 weeks after the first treatment, you would not yet be able to see the results of the procedure.  

San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

+2
It is best to wait about a month in between CoolSculpting treatments. Many patients do not even see results until after a month. 

Daniel Shapiro, MD

Too soon

+2
I would recommend waiting about a month in between treatments. Coolsculpt is a great way to decrease unwanted fat. Good luck with you treatment.
Dr. T

Scott Tucker, MD
Winston Salem Plastic Surgeon

+2
Coolsculpting induces programmed cell death by damaging fat cells in the freezing process. The recommended protocol for an area that requires multiple treatments is to wait one month between treatments. Most patients usually require 1-3 months to see a result.

Suzanne Kim Doud Galli, MD, PhD, FACS
Reston Facial Plastic Surgeon

Cool Sculpting

+1
It is an off label use to use the applicator twice on the same area.  This can be done after the first treatment on the area but in a slightly different position.

Robert Whitfield, MD, FACS

Coolsculpting and timing

+1
Years ago when this technology was invented the company recommended waiting two to four months for a repeat procedure.  If the treated area is badly in need of cool sculpting you will need a repeat procedure one to two months later.  Two weeks is much too soon to re-treat.  Please find an experienced  board certified dermatologist for the best results.

Michele S. Green, MD