Is It True Juvederm Injected Under the Eyes Migrate Downwards Months After Injection?

I had juvederm under my eyes injected 3 weeks ago. It was done below the muscle. The results are fine. But what concerns me is that I've read over the internet that a few months after injection, fillers placed under the eyes, are pushed downward by gravity and the eyelid muscle. The rim of the filler is then seen on the rim of the orbital bone beneath the dark eye hollow, making it looking even worse. This is very worrysome, what do you think ? Is it actually true? thanks,

Juvederm Should NOT Migrate

+2

It would be quite rare for a hyaluronic acid filler like Juvederm to migrate away from its original location over time. Many cosmetic surgeons use Juvederm to fill hollows around the eyes although my preference is either Restylane or fat transfer in this location. That said, if you are pleased with your outcome and are now 3 weeks out from your treatment, you should be able to enjoy this nice result for many months to come without worrying about migration. Enjoy!

Newport Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Juvederm Migrating after 3 Weeks?

+1

Juvederm should not migrate downwards three weeks after injection due to gravity.  If aggressive massage is performed in the first few days following injection, this may be possible.

Juvederm migration?

+1

Placement is key,  but if it looks good now, you should not have to worry about it moving.  It's more likely to expand and show if it's injected superficially. In any case it is correctable, so don't spend time worrying that it might change. It is a great product but in the future Restylane or Belotero might be better in the tear trough area.

Juvederm injected under the eyes

+1

Your Juvederm should not migrate later because of gravity.  If it was injected by an experienced dermatologist or plastic surgeon and you are happy with the result, you do not need to worry.

Toronto Dermatologist

Juvederm and migration

+1

Rest assured. Unless you massaged the injected area immediately after injection, the filler product will stay where it is injected. I have never seen hyaluronic acid filler spontaneously migrate downward from gravity or normal muscle activity. The stories you read about were probably due to something else, because if the filler was truly causing all those problems, it could be erased with hyaluronidase and immediately resolve their concerns.

Chesterfield Dermatologic Surgeon

Juvederm migration

+1

Juvederm injected properly by a highly trained and experienced injector such as a dermatologist or plastic surgeon would not migrated from under the eyes downward based on gravity since this thick/viscous substance is injected into the dermis where it sits until the body naturally dissolves it.

Toronto Dermatologic Surgeon

Does Juvederm migrate after injection under the eyes?

+1

Juvederm, and other hyaluronic acid fillers, should not migrate after they are injected.  The results that you see now at three weeks, should be maintained until the Juvederm dissipates over time.  

San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

Can Juvederm migrate?

+1

Glad to hear you experienced a positive result. In general, fillers will not migrate following treatment. It is important to do your homework, and choose an experienced board certified physician to perform your injections. This will reduce the chances of any unwanted side effects occurring, and ensure you obtain a result you are happy with. Thank you, and I hope this helps!  

Web reference: http://www.spaldingplasticsurgery.com/fillers-and-injectable/

Filler migration

+1

Fillers do not migrate after injection. They should not cause the problems that you describe. You should go to an experienced injector.

Does Juvederm migrate

+1

If at 3 weeks you are happy, then I'd say you are just fine. If Juvederm migrates at all, we are talking movement of a tiny amount, and usually, it's not because of gravity, but because people who've gotten the fillers press on them and move them around themselves!