Is It True That if I Get a Fat Transfer to my Butt the Fat Will Be Lumpy Because It Comes from a Different Area of my Stomach?

Stomach and butt

Promoted Local Answer Promoted local answers are based on Featured Doctor activity within your current location.

Properly performed fat grafts do not get lumpy

+2

Fat grafts get lumpy because the transplanted fat cells die and the body creates an inflammatory reaction around them. The way to ensure this does not happen is:

1. Harvest the fat at low presure
  2. Process the fat carefully. I prefer centrifugation.
  3. Inject the fat in very small quantities at a time.
  4. protect the surgical area for at leasty 2 weeks afterwards (no sitting)

Web reference: http://www.cosmeticsurg.net/blog/2006/12/12/how-long-do-fat-grafts-last/

+2

In my experience, there is little to no lumpiness after several weeks of healing.  Fat necrosis has not been an issue, and many times the butt looks less lumpy and dimpled after the procedure.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of Brazilian buttlifts each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Web reference: http://www.hughesplasticsurgery.com/brazilian-buttlift-photo-galleries.php

+1

How smooth or how lumpy transferred fat becomes is not quite predictable.  It depends on how precise the procedure is carried out, how you heal, how much of the fat turns necrotic (fat necrosis), and how much scarring is generated.