Is It True That Dysport is a Lighter Toxin Compared to Botox?

If so, what are the advantages of this? In what circumstances do you prefer Dysport to Botox?

Dysport vs Botox

+1

Thank you for your question. Both are FDA approved neuromodulators which are similar products and have similar results and safety profiles. They are just made by different manufacturers. Individuals usually will try both and see which one they prefer. Be certain to be under the supervision of a board certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon with expertise in injectables and have an evaluation to see which is right for you and to obtain the safest and most effective treatments. I hope this helps.

Bay Area Dermatologist

Botox and Dysport are similar

+1

Botox and Dysport are very similar in their chemical make up and their effectiveness.  Although you need more units of Dysport to give an equivalent result of Botox, it does not mean that the Dysport is weaker.  It just means that the units have to be converted from the one neurotoxin to the other.  If I inject 25 units of Botox in the glabella I would use 75 units of Dysport.

Web reference: http://www.thenyac.com/botox/index.html

No, Dysport is not a "lighter toxin" compared to Botox. They are cousins.

+1

Dysport and Botox are brand names that represent different version of the same basic underlying toxin molecule. This protein attaches to the junction between nerve and muscle and blocks muscle activation, leading to weakened muscles. Some people do respond better to one or the other, and some respond well to both. Some people don't respond so well to either. If you like the one you've tried, there is no real reason to try the other, but if the one you've used did not give an ideal result (wore off quickly, etc), it is ok to try the other. Make sure you are seeing a GOOD, well-qualified injector who knows how to use both well, so you can be sure that your results are because of the substance used properly, and not questionable because of the injector.

Web reference: http://www.ArtofDermatology.com

Is Dysport a Lighter Toxin?

+1

Hello.  Dysport is only a "lighter" neurotoxin in that you need to use more units of it to get the same results.  

Botox has an FDA approval for the glabella (frown lines between the eyes) using 20 units of Botox.  Dysport has this same approval using 50 units.

We prefer Dysport in our practice for several reasons:

• When mixed at 3:1 compared to Botox it's still cheaper for our patients and offers better duration.
  • The onset is faster than Botox
  • It's a smaller particle size with higher diffusion which allows us to use less (equivalent) units than Botox  for a large area like the forehead.
  • It's cheaper for our patients.

Web reference: http://www.celibre.com/dysport-injections-overview.aspx

Botox versus Dysport

+1

Both Botox and Dysport are excellent neurotoxins for treating dynamic or movement wrinkles of the face. Dysport is a smaller molecule that may work a little faster and may spread a little more, but both have about the same duration of effect. The important thing is to pick a trained dermatologist or plastic surgeon to give you the best & safest results possible.

Toronto Dermatologic Surgeon

Comparison of Dysport and Botox

+1

Dysport is not a 'lighter toxin' than Botox. Other than the fact that Dysport may work a little quicker than Botox, there is little difference in the two products. As I frequently say, pick the experienced surgeon, not the product.

Dysport and Botox

+1

Botox and Dysport are both neurotoxins that give the same results. Dysport is not a lighter toxin, it is a smaller molecule and has a more rapid onset than Botox by one to two days.  There are some reports that Dysport is more advantageous for use on crows feet because it last longer in the area around.  I have not compared Botox and Dysport in this fashion so cannot endorse this recommendation.

Washington Plastic Surgeon

Dysport and Botox

+1

Botox and Dysport to me is like Coke and Pepsi.  Both work similarly to give the same results.  Dysport may have a quicker onset.

+1

The neurotoxins like Botox, Dysport and the newer Xeomin all have different sizes of the compound but are all the same type A toxin with the same effects, duration etc.  

Web reference: http://www.thepalmercodeinstitute.com

No, Dysport works the same, measured differntly

+1

NO. Dysport is not "lighter" than botox. It is just measured differently. The effect is just the same and an experienced doctor will know how to convert measurement from one to the other to give you about the same effect.  Four quarters are a dollar, twenty nickels are a dollar. Still have  dollar although with one you have a bigger number of coins. P.S. Dysport has a $50 rebate now

Web reference: http://brookwooddermatology.com

Birmingham Dermatologist