Is It True That You Can Not Get Botox if You Have Tattoo Eyebrows? How Many Units of Botox for Frown Lines?

Eyebrows and botox

+1

There is no problem with doing botox after eyebrow tattooing so long as the tattooing process is fully healed. I would suggest waiting about 3 weeks after tattooing and then doing the Botox. You might also consider eyebrow hair transplants which our office does and gives you permanent natural looking eyebrows and can cover obvious looking and perhaps unnatural appearing tattooing. I use about 20 units in the glabella area and 10 units around the crowsfeet on each eye to lessen the effects of frowning.

Miami Facial Plastic Surgeon

#botox and tattoos

+1

There is no reason not to get Botox after tattoos. You will be fine. 

I typically inject 20-25 units of Botox to treat the glabellar frown lines. The quantity depends on my evaluation of the strength of the muscles. If you get less, you will not get the result you want. 

Gordon Lewis, MD
Richmond Plastic Surgeon

+1

This is false, there is no reason to not have Botox injected due to eyebrow tattoo and highly likely the two are related. Typically, most patients see a great result from 20-25 units applied but it depends on how strong your muscle movement is on the area. Seek a reputable physician who can provide you with the result you wish to achieve

Best of luck  

Botox and Tattooed Eyebrows

+1

Personally, I am not aware of any medical reason why having tattooed brows will preclude you from having Botox. The only way to know how many units you'll need is to have a proper consultation. 

Jeffrey Hartog, MD

There is no Problem Having Botox With Eyebrow Tattoos

+1

Eyebrow tattooing will not interfere with the efficacy of Botox.  The amount of Botox you will require in units depends on the amount of activity present, the depth of the lines, and the strength of your forehead muscles.

Stephen Prendiville, MD
Fort Myers Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox and tattoos

+1

There should be no connection between having botox and tattoos as long as you aren't having both done on the same day. The amount used varies and depends on the strength of your muscles. You should have your doctor evaluate that at the consultation. 

Jo Herzog, MD
Birmingham Dermatologist

Eyebrow Tattoo and Botox

+1

There is no problem with having  tattooed eyebrows and getting Botox. They should not interfere with each other.

We start with 20 units of Botox (or 60 units of Dysport).It will take a few days to kick in for you.Rarely, we need to use a higher dose. Just let your doctor know if you still had movement 2 weeks after your treatment.

Esta Kronberg, MD
Houston Dermatologic Surgeon

Botox with brow tattoos is OK

+1

I have not seen an issue with Botox treatment of someone with eyebrow tattoos. The two treatments should not interfere with each other in any way. We perform permanent makeup in our practice so alot of my Botox patients have permanent brow or eyeliner and this has not been an issue. I hope this answer is helpful.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS

Stephen Weber, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox with cosmetic eyebrows.

+1

I am not sure where you got that information but botox should have nothing to do with eyebrow tattoos.  You should put about 20 units of botox in to reduce your frown lines.

Robert Kearney, MD, FACS
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Botox and Permanent Makeup?

+1

Hi Sarifly.  Botox and permanent makeup in the brow will not conflict.  Not sure why you were told this.  

We usually start with 20 units of Botox (60 units of Dysport) for the frown lines.  This typically lasts 3-4 months.  Good luck.

Harold J. Kaplan, MD