Is It True That After a Yr the BBL Results Start to Fade?

Brazilian Butt Lift fat graft longevity

+2

Fat grafting to the buttock region can be very successful if done judiciously and with gentleness in order to allow the transplanted fat to survive. Though it is hard to quantify exactly how much of the transplanted fat survives, it has been my experience that early volume loss (in the first 4-6 ) weeks, represents the time frame that I expect most of the volume changes to occur. Beyond that, small, subtle changes can occur, but are not as noticeable. I believe that over the next several years, continued improvement in the method of harvesting and transplantation will occur allowing for greater success in graft survival.

Saint Petersburg Plastic Surgeon

Do results from a BBL begin to fade after 1 year?

+2

The BBL is the preferred procedure for buttock enhancement. It provides the mostatural result and can be customized. IN a bout 30-35% of the patients there may be some absorption of fat which is apparent afetr 5-6 weeks. Beyond that tiem frame the fat stays. So what you see after 6 weeks is pretty much what will stay. If a second procedure is needed or desired it can be done after 3 months. In a second fat transplantation there is usually very little absorption, if any. So after 5-6 weeks one does not have to worry about absorption.

George Lefkovits, MD

Brazilian Buttock Augmentation with Fat Grafting is Permanent

+2

I have heard from patients that they are told by some Beverly Hills Plastic Surgeons that about 10-30% of the buttock volume goes away with time after fat injection. In my personal experience with many Brazilian Buttock Augmentations in Beverly Hills, I find this not to be true. I have found that if the fat is harvested and processed gentely the fat cells are preserved and they do stay. One of the issues that I see in general is that some doctors don't add enough fat to the buttocks, so that when the swelling subsides then the buttocks looks small. This is not due to loss of fat cells but, lack of grafting of adequate fat volume!

S. Sean Younai, MD, FACS

Brazilian Butt Lift Results are Long Lasting

+2

A Brazilian Butt Lift involves fat injections into the buttock, giving a rounder, fuller, lifted buttock. When done using meticulous technique and respect for the fragile fat, the results are long lasting. The fat cells that survive the first 3 months after transfer, can essentially remain forever and has been confirmed with long term followup by MRI.  You need to make sur that you select a doctor experienced with this technique because failing to use special techniques to preserve the fat cells can result in a 50% death of fat cells which is too high. This has become one of my most requested procedures over the past year, with several cases being done per week. 

Matthew Schulman, MD

Brazilian Butt Lift Duration

+1

Fat is a living and changing tissue. When fat is transferred to the buttocks (Brazilian Butt Lift) some of the fat does not survive the process and when the surgical swelling subsides the remaining volume of the buttocks will reflect this loss. However, the remaining fat which survived th harvesting and transfer is permanent and does not "fade". Ths does not mean however that the fat filling the buttocks and covering the rest of the body is immune to dietary and age-related weight changes.