Is It True That After the Age of 20, if You Had Lipo Before, You Will Start Having Noticeable Scaring from Lipo?

I am 19 yrs old and considering lipo. But i had a friend that told me that she hear d that after a certain age, you will start having noticeable scaring on the places that you lipo done. Is this true?

You are not a bad candidate for liposuction because of your age.

+1

Your age of 19 does not put you at greater risk for liposuction.  If you are a good candidate for the procedure a skilled liposuction specialist should be able to perform liposuction for you without an increased risk.

Salt Lake City Dermatologic Surgeon

Scarring after liposuction

+1
You need to speak to a board certified plastic surgeon and not to your friend! She could be referring to younger patients forming more exuberant granulation tissue in terms of scarring after a large incision or laceration. However, this would not be the case for liposuction, which involves extremely small incisions.

Robert L. Kraft, MD

Scars after liposuction

+1

If liposuction is done smoothly then scars or dents are uncommon as there is a layer of fat left to cushion the skin. Visible irregularities can occur at any age and to avoid problems search out a board certified plastic surgeon.

Best of luck, peterejohnsonmd.com

Scarring from liposuction is almost unheard of.

+1

Your friend is feeding you a bowl of hogwash.  Liposuction does form scar tissue under the skin like any surgery would but it doesn't form enough that you would even see or feel it yourself in most cases.  The beauty of liposuction is that it gives good results with minimal risks and is easy to undergo.  Sincerely,

David Hansen,MD

David Hansen, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Scarring after Liposuction

+1

I am not aware of what phenomenon your friend is warning you about.  It would probably  be in your best interest to seek consultation  with a well experienced board-certified plastic surgeon to discuss the pros/cons of liposuction surgery  for you.