Troubled by Breast augmentation and removal scars. What are my options? (Photos)

I had a breast aug June 2013, and immediately hated them! So, September 2013 I got them removed. 6 months later I'm happy with my removal decision, but bothered by my scars. They are in the crease- so normally they stay hidden unless I lie flat on my back or lay on my side. I'm worried about having to explain them to a significant other... if there are any options that can help fade these scars please let me know. Right now I am starting Maderma gel. thank you.

Troubled by implant removal scars

+1
Thank you very much for your enquiry, I’m afraid once a scar is in place it will not fully disappear, however, your scar will improve significantly and will fade with time.
In the vast majority of patients with scars over a year or two old the scarring is very pale and not too noticeable.
In the meantime it is helpful to massage these scars and there are a variety of products around such as Prosil which can help with this.

London Plastic Surgeon

Troubled by Breast augmentation and removal scars. What are my options?

+1
Hello!  Thank you for your question and photos!  Your incisions appear to be healing very nicely.  It typically takes up to 1 year for scars to fully mature and I would await that time period prior to any surgical intervention.  In the meantime, scar massage is the most effective an proven treatment - which softens, disrupts scar tissue, and promotes the finest scar possible.  

If after that time you are still have concerns, laser treatment and/or scar revision may be an option.  I would discuss the various options via consultation with a plastic surgeon to evaluate and help you to determine which method would be the right one for you.  Best wishes!

Lewis Albert Andres, MD

Scars will get better

+1
but if looked at closely, it will still be appreciable.  As for significant others, honesty is always the best policy since your relationship is build on trust and to have that, you have to be honest.

Curtis Wong, MD

+1
Honestly the posted photos demonstrate very acceptable appearing scar incisions, I doubt there will be any more improvement... 

Breast augmentation/breast implant removal scars

+1
Thank you for your pictures. Your incisions are healed very well. They will improve over time I would wait one year after your last surgery to judge them critically. Concerning the Mederma I believe that's a waste of time it will not improve your scars. Silicone bandages are much more effective.

Good luck.

Earl Stephenson, Jr, M.D., DDS, FACS

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS

Scars post implant removal

+1
Your scars will fade over time. I would give yourself another 6 months with scar care. All scars can improve up to 1 year. You can also try using a prescription strength scar cream or New Gel which has vitamin E in it. When you use the cream massage it into the scars with pressure twice a day for 10 minutes.   

Michael A. Fiorillo, MD

Scars following breast implant removal

+1
Your scars will fade gradually with time, although they will never completely disappear.  I suggest using a product with silicone, which has been shown clinically to help soften and fade scars.  My favorite product for scarring is NewGel+, which comes in a gel which can be used twice daily.  You can also use a silicone patch at night to help speed things along.  I would suggest using the scar gel and strip for at least 6 months, and then if the scars still bother you, see a local dermatologist or plastic surgeon who may be able to offer laser treatment.  Good luck, /nsn.

Nina S. Naidu, MD, FACS