What Size Should I Go with: 304 or 339 Style 15 ?

I am 135 lbs and 5'4 with a 31" ribcage with a small/medium b-cup. I am concerned about looking heavier and wider with the 339 as well as being a bit larger than I'd like (medium-full c, not a d) but also have some concerns about going with the 304. I have about a 4 finger gap in between my breasts and feel that the 339 may fill it out a little more than the 304. I am also concerned that the 304 may not be wide enough as my bwd is between 12 and 13 cm. Any advice would be appreciated.

35cc implant volume difference

+1

The short answer to your question is that 35 cc's is enough to make a visible difference but not a major difference and either might fit properly behind your breast and look natural. 

The long answer is that implants are best fitted by starting with your breast base measurements. The gap between your breasts cannot be safely reduced in one procedure because the implant is just a pillow and must be fit to the medial edge of your breast but not beyond it. There is more leeway on the lateral side, but in general, the width of the implant should be about 1cm less than the width across the base of your breast upright and with arms down. If this is 12.5 cm, then in an Allergan medium profile ("moderate plus") gel-filled implant, style 15, the proper implant in cc's will be closer to the 286. 

It is possible to "get away with" wider implants than the width of your breast (for a given profile) but that's the way to think of it. Usually it is best to go with what is known to fit and work predictably. 

Denver Plastic Surgeon

Choosing implants

+1

Hello. The most important factors for determining the size of implants that could be used on a patient include width of the base of the breast, the size of your thorax and the amount of breast tissue and skin you have. Once a surgeon has this information he could better educate you on what type of implants would work best for you.

Jaime Perez, MD
Breast Augmentation Specialist
Plastic Surgery Center of Tampa

Jaime Perez, MD

Implant selection

+1

There is a small volume between the two implants that you may or may not notice when they are inserted. A wider implant may achieve more cleavage or look too wide for you. It really depends upon your anatomy seen in person.

Choosing breast implants

+1

Basically the choice is to go wider or not and fill the gap in more or not.  Otherwise there is little difference.  Most folks would like to close the gap rather than leaving it wide open.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS

Best Breast Implant Size/ Profile for Me?

+1

As you can imagine, despite your good description of body type and goals, it is not possible to give you precise  advice online.

The best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering breast augmentation surgery is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully.  Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you're looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.

2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals  with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining  breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals. 
In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural”  or “full C, not D” etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
 Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.

3.  Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly,  allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals.  Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery.

I hope this (and the attached link) help.