Trouble Breathing out of One Nostril?

I had cosmetic rhinoplasty done, a septoplasty, and a turbinectomy (i think). Anyways, this was about a week ago. For the first time since I can remember, I woke up in the middle of the night and could not breath out of my nostril. I did not have breathing problems before. When I went to my cosmetic rhinoplasty appointment, I was told that my septum was deviated and that since we were going for the cosmetic part, we should fix the deviation.My rhinoplasty was done a week ago. Is this normal?

These are questions you should be asking your own surgeon!

+1

Markky_03, you have asked a total of 4 questions, all of them good and reasonable, but all of them best referred to the surgeon you paid for your operation. Any of us online consultants serve only to give general answers that may or may not apply to the specifics of your individual case, anatomy, and surgical procedure.

The purpose of this forum is to help provide "second opinions" or additional information when what your own doctor is providing is unclear or if you have concerns that you feel uncomfortable about.

But in almost all cases, your own surgeon has vested interest in your results, your happiness with the information provided, and overall satisfaction that would merit referral of others to his/her care. That's how we build and maintain our practices.

Unless you have a "lemon" of a surgeon, we welcome questions, as each of us has a slightly different "spin" on our answers, as you can read in various responses. Your own surgeon should get your attention, as it is s/he you chose to perform your operation (and the one you paid to care for you as well!) Best wishes! Dr. Tholen

Web reference: http://www.mpsmn.com/face-procedures/nose-surgery

Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

One Nostril

+1

One week from rhinoplasty surgery:  All of your immediate post-op questions should be directed for your surgeon to answer because he performed your surgery.

San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon