Trouble Breathing After Rhinoplasty?

Hello! I had an open rhinoplasty 2 months ago. Since then there has only been a couple of days, where I could breath through my nose properly.. most of the time it's compeltely closed up. It seems to me, that after 2 months most of the inner swelling should have gone down. Can I rely on the times, that I COULD breathe, that internally everything is alright and the breathing problems are due to swelling?

Trouble Breathing After Rhinoplasty

+1

While 2 months may seem like a long time for swelling to settle, you can still have congestion after your surgery. The fact that you have been able to breathe is quite encouraging.  Another factor that will determine how fast you heal also depends in part on how much manipulation of the bone and cartilage was performed by your surgeon. Certainly more drastic alterations to your nose would likely lead to a more prolonged healing time. It's always best to check with your surgeon to ensure that you are healing properly.Sometimes saline sprays and/or nasal steroid sprays may help the swelling dissipate faster.

Difficulty breathing after rhinoplasty

+1

Check with your surgeon.  Trouble breathing could be from persistent swelling, season allergies, allergic rhinitis, nasal valve collapse, et cetera.  Best person to identify the cause of trouble in your specific case is your surgeon. 

Donald B. Yoo, MD