Could Trouble Breathing Be from Deviated Septum?

My problem started 17 years ago, a kid pushed me down 2 flights of stairs. I was 11 at the time, the result was a fractured nose, however, my face was so bruised & swollen. I never fixed it, now I have trouble breathing at night, also a little hump. Could it be a deviant septum? Thank you.

Difficulty Breathing

+1

Yes, one of the most signs of a deviated septum is difficulty breathing. Fromm the description, it sounds like you will need a consultation for rhinoplasty/septoplasty combination. You may be able to get reimbursed the septoplasty portion by medical insurance.  Most board certified plastic surgeons offer a free, private consultation so I would suggest that you visit one.

Rhinoplasty

+1

Yes, one of the signs of a deviated septum is difficulty breathing as well as curvature of the outside of the nose. Septoplasty as well as nose reduction can help both of these problems. I am, offering a temporary cosmetic surgery price reduction as well as excellent financing. Watch my video!

Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Breathing difficulty after trauma to nose

+1

Absolutely! There is a high possibility your breathing problem is due to deviated septum.  I recommend seeing a board certified plastic or ENT surgeon whose interest is rhinoplasty for an evaluation.

Of note, if you smoke, you must stop smoking.  Your symptoms will not improve even with surgery, if you continue to smoke.

Santa Ana Plastic Surgeon

Nasal Breathing & Congestion Problem from Deviated Septum

+1

Deviated nasal septum is one of the most common causes of nasal congestion. Most everyone has a deviated septum to a certain degree, and normally may not contribute to nasal symptoms for small deviations of bone or cartilage. Nasal trauma or a broken nose may contribute to a deviated septum and cause significant sinus blockage. Many patients think they suffer from allergies, when they really suffer from a deviated nasal septum. Speak with a nasal surgeon to help determine appropriate options for you.

Web reference: http://www.potomacplasticsurgery.com/reconstructive-surgery/nose-surgery.cfm

Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon

Deviated Septum

+1

Hi,

Yes it sounds like you may have a deviated septum. If so this can be fixed by an experienced facial plastic surgeon.

Dr.S.

Web reference: http://www.rhinoplastysurgeonnewyork.com

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.