Should I Have Tripleplex or Sidelaze?

I wanted to get rid of the fat under and above jaw, and tightens up the skin on my face, so I can make my jawline more obvious. I was offered two ways from two doctors. One offers sidelaze, and the other recommands tripleplex with thermage. According to my understanding, I think sidelaze is more like a treatment which leaves no opening on my face, but tripleplex is a traditional surgery that the doctor uses a needle. Does these procedures cause possible unevenness on the face? Thanks!

High Technology versus Surgeon Expertise

+3

You are mistaken to think that any machine can make a difference in liposuction results (regardless of the area being treated), compared to the expertise and skill of a surgeon.  Additionally, there is no evidence to suggest that these machines have any better clinical effect on skin tightening than liposuction alone.

This is a myth that began in the board rooms of the companies making these machines (Triplex, Smartlipo, Sidelaze, etc..) to create a widespread public belief that 'the machine makes a difference'.   This myth is propagated by the surgeons investing large sums of money (think house mortgage) in these machines that need to get paid for (I've got the machine, come to me!).

If you are a good candidate for liposuction of the submental region (under the chin and jaw), then traditional liposuction will be all you need, and an expert who can deliver this surgery in a safe and effective way.  If you are not a good candidate, then you should consider alternative or additional surgical techniques that could improve the results.  The most important decision you need to make is your choice in surgeons, not the machine that your doctor (may not be a surgeon) has been advertising.

Web reference: http://www.drminniti.com

Triplex vs Sidelaze.

+1

Triplex is the latest generation Smartlipo laser utilizing three different laser wavelengths.  The 1064 focuses on hemaglobin improving bruising to the treated area. The 1320 laser focuses on water and helps to tighten the skin, and the 1440 laser focuses on fat.  This will melt the treated fat.  The Sidelaze is a handpiece that attaches to the Triplex laser and uses the 1440 laser to treat the fat and attempts to tighten the skin.  The potential issue I can vision is the loss of fat in the face which dissapates as we age thus accelerating the aging process.  It could cause uneveness as any liposuction technique could . 

Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Triplex or Sidelaze

+1

There is probably very little difference between the two.  Make sure that the surgeon does a lot of these and is very comfortable with the machine and its settings.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Web reference: http://www.hughesplasticsurgery.com/Liposuction.php

Should I Have Tripleplex or Sidelaze?

+1

You need to be explained there is really NO different with the TRIPLEX SmartLipo vs the SideLaze. Bith are in the same machinery, just with the Tiplex additional watts and frequencies are used. Best to return to either and obtain a better explanation. My choice would be TRIPLEX + Thermigen therapy.