I Have a Triple Eyelid. Is There Anyway to Fuse All the Folds Together?

My eyelids have more than 3 folds. I like the thickness of it, but sometimes the top layer folds onto the bottom layer, creating a single eyelid. I would like to fuse all these folds together to create a thick double eyelid. Is it possible? What kind of procedure is it?

Multiple creases in the Asian eyelid

+1

my practice is majority Asian eyelid surgery ( a.k.a. double eyelid surgery or Asian blepharoplasty). Approximately 30% of my surgical cases are for asymmetric eyelid creases or multiple creases on one or both sides. The answer to your question is yes this can be made into a single crease. You want to go to a surgeon who is an experienced Asian eyelid surgeon. They did have a lot of photo evidence that they actually perform the surgery. In general I would recommend to you that you have an incision method performed. This will give you more reliable creation of a single crease and greater longevity of the results. Longevity meaning you will continue to age and there will be some excess skin but not necessarily additional creases as you age.

I'll attach a video that shows multiple creases made into a single crease.  there are other videos describing proper selection and creation of an Asian eyelid crease.

I hope this was helpful

Chase Lay, MD

Double board-certified facial plastic surgeon and Asian eyelid specialist

Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Yes...

+1

You would need an upper eyelid blepharoplasty with anchoring sutures to ensure that you have a single well defined eyelid.

A.J. Amadi, MD
Seattle Oculoplastic Surgeon

+1

This is a common variant of a surgery (fusing of double eyelid fold) that is performed frequently.  The short answer is yes.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Upper Blepharoplasty

+1

By carefully removing a minute amount of the eyelid fold and securing the skin edges down to the muscle, you can create one 'fused' double eyelid fold.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

Yes it is possible to correct this situation.

+1

Double, single, and triple folds can be improved with a carefully planned and executed anchor blepharoplasty.  This procedure snugs the skin and orbicularis oculi muscle of the upper eyelid platform up to the eyelid crease.  This will effectively clean up your eyelid giving you a double fold.