Trim labiaplasty wound dehiscence: How long before it heals?

I'm almost 3 weeks post op. I had some wound dehiscence start 8 days post op on the left side and my dr said it would close on it's own and be healed in a week. But it's not healing in fact now the other side looks like it's starting to split too. How long will wound dehiscence take to heal? I'm getting married in 5 weeks and I'm afraid it won't be healed at this rate. I'm taking vitamin k to help with clotting I don't know what esle i should do to help? How long does wound dehiscence take to heal?

+1
A wound separation should be assessed by your surgeon. Sometimes a wound separation may heal uneventfully, and sometimes a revision may be required.

Wound dehiscence after labioplasty

+1
Hi. It is unusual for small wounds not to have healed by now - you just need to continue with antiseptic ointment a few times a day. I know it is difficult but try to be patient - you still have 5 weeks to go to your wedding. Most healing problems eventually heal without other surgery needing to be performed - it is definitely better to wait at this stage till after you wedding to see how things turn out. All the best.

Charles Cope, MD
Sydney Plastic Surgeon

+1
Thank you for your question.  Most wound separations usually heal in a week or so, especially if its just a small areas.  If, the whole wound separated, it can takes weeks.  I would not recommend a revision at this time because tissue are probably still swollen and friable.  Best thing to do is to let it heal on it's own and then consider a revision if needed, after our wedding.

Rigo Mendoza, MD

Wound separations

+1
usually do go on to heal uneventfully but revisions should not be attempted at this point unless you are willing to have more tissue removed and may not be able to enjoy your wedding night as much as one would anticipate.  Keep your surgeon aware of your concerns and let your surgeon help you though this challenging time.

Curtis Wong, MD

Labiaplasty wound dehiscence

+1
Depending upon how extensive the wound separation is, it could take as little as one week or many weeks and require revision.  The good news is, the vulva and labia have a very robust blood supply and  thus relatively  excellent ability to heal under normal circumstances.  I encourage you to keep your follow up visits with your operating surgeon and adhere to his/her recommendations for care.  Glad to help.

Ryan Stanton, MD