Trim labiaplasty, stitches split, wound separation!

I'm 8 days post opt and left side as split open and is healing like that, if I choose to not get it revised after it heals will I still be able to function normally and have sex?

+1
    A wound separation should be assessed by your surgeon.  Sometimes a wound separation may heal uneventfully, and sometimes a revision may be required.

Labiaplasty wound separation

+1
Anytime you have a wound healing issue, the best place to start is by visiting your operating surgeon so that s/he can physically examine the tissue and thus make the best recommendation(s).  Glad to help. 

Ryan Stanton, MD

Labiaplasty side split open

+1
Dear Suzyq13,
You should follow up with your doctor ASAP so he/she can assess what is going on.
sometimes just the edges split open, and once healed can easily be revised in the office.
if most of the stiches split open, you will need a full revision once the tissue swelling has settled.
once revised and all healed, yes you will be able to have sex once your doctor allows you to.
I usually recommend 6 weeks post-op. with no sports, no sex.
good luck,
Florence Mussat M.D.
312-751-9000

Florence Mussat, MD

Labiaplasty recovery and stitches

+1
The major issue is whether there will be further separation of the wound edges. I would advise you to seek medical attention soon and prevent further separation of your wound.

Raffy Karamanoukian MD FACS

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS