Tri-Luma or Time for Redness After Laser Resurfacing and Lower Bleph?

I am 4 weeks post lower eye lid transconjuctive bleph w co2 laser resurfacing. I have read that the erythema can last up to 6 months for some Pa. My Dr. suggested a bleaching cream( Tri-Luma) to aid w the healing. After reading up on the Tri-Luma I'm hesitant. My erythema has healed 50-60% so far. Should I stick it out or should I start with the bleach? Are there safer bleaches if I go that route? Thank you for your help.

Tri-luma for redness? "I don't think so."

+1

Let me answer your specific question.  I would suggest that Tri-luma would actually increase your redness and likely cause extreme irritation as it has a retinoid in it.  This should only be used on non-eyelid skin for hyperpigmentation.  The redness you speak of is likely due to new vessel formation following surgery along with some inflammation. I would say that "tincture of time" along with some vascular laser treatments could improve this problem.

Hope this helps,

Dallas Dermatologist

Tri-Luma for after laser resurfacing of the eyelids

+1

Some physicians recommend lightening creams after carbon dioxide laser to minimize the chance of developing hyperpigmentation, especially in darker-complected patients.  There are different strengths of lightening creams and depending on your skin color and progress your physician may select a less strong cream. You must check with the physician who performed your treatment as only they know how aggressive the resurfacing was. Make sure you use good sunscreen to minimize your chance of hyperpigmentation.