Is Tretinoin for Wrinkles and can I use it on my Neck? Is Tretinoin the same as Retin A?

Hi Doctors: My dermatologist gave me a prescription for Retin A .025% for wrinkles. The pharmacist gave me Tretinoin Cream .025%, is this correct? Also, can I use this on my neck? Thank You. R1

Tretinoin and Retin A

Tretinoin is a very strong formulation of Retin A. When used on the face it may cause an initial irritation and redness with acne break outs for about 2 weeks. It definitely does improve the texture and tone of the skin. The neck skin may be much more irritates with Tretinoin. There are other formulations for the neck area.