Can Tretinoin Cream Lighten Dark Spots on Legs?

Can Tretinoin cream improve the appearance of dark spots on my legs? If yes, can I use only the cream without the other Obagi products, and how long would it take to see results? Thanks.

Melarase cream for dark discoloration of the legs

+1

I would begin with topical Melarase AM and Melarase PM twice daily on your legs to lighten up dark discoloration of the skin. 

Tretinoin, hyperpigmentation

+1

Tretinoin cream does not come in a 1% concentration, however, 0.1% tretinoin cream can help even the skin pigmentation and improve overall skin tone. There are 2% hydroquinone creams that are available over the counter which also may be much benefecial to lighten the skin. Consult your dermatologist, he may able to prescribe much potent creams and discuss with you other options available including chemical peels and microdermabrasion.

Joshua L. Fox, MD
Long Island Dermatologic Surgeon