Should I Discontinue Tretinoin to Do IPL Laser Treatments For Hair Removal?

Dear, I am doing IPL Laser Treatment for unwanted body hair. I also have to use Tretinoin for stretch marks (0.05%). Is this safe together or do i have to stop few days or weeks before the IPL Laser Treatment? I do the IPL Laser Treatment for my whole body. Thank you.

Retin-A and Tretinoin and lasers

+2

Retin-A and Tretinoins make you more sun sensitive (and therefore more laser sensitive). These topicals need to be stopped about a week before any IPL treatments, or you will be more prone to burning. Additionally, you might be more sensitive for a few days after the treatments so you may need to use them sparingly. It won't hurt you to use them after, but your skin may be a bit more sensitive to the products, so be careful.

Tretinoin before laser

+2

Tretinoin should be stopped at least 1 week before a chemical peel, microdermabrasion, or any laser treatment.

Toronto Dermatologic Surgeon