I Broke my Nose 8 Years Ago and Want to Have It Fixed. What Type of Surgery Should I Get and What's the Cost? (photo)

Eight years ago, my sister broke my nose when we were playing lacrosse. Ever since, my nose has a huge hump and I absolutely hate it. I want it removed, and I want my nose redone. I want the hump taken away, and my nose narrowed a little nit and the tip reduced. I also would want my nose to have a "slope". What type of surgery should I get? How much would that cost?

Rhinoplasty

+2

Pretty straightforward case for an experienced surgeon. Your choice of surgeon will unquestionably be the most important decision you can make. Find someone who is experienced and whose work you like. Do not count on computer imaging alone as a a sales gimmick.

Hump Reduction with Rhinoplasty

+2

The hump can certainly be reduced and the slope you are wanting can be created.  The nose will be narrowed with osteotomies to close the open roof.  The tip can be refined as well.  All of this can be done without any noticeable scars.  Find the board certified plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties each year.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

What Surgery to Fix my Broken Nose?

+2

You accurately describe the changes that should be made to improve your nose after the fracture. A septorhinoplasty should be done to correct the nasal obstruction and make your nose proportional to the surrounding soft facial features.

Septorhinoplasty or Rhinoplasty is the question

+2

You may need a septorhinoplasty to obtain the look that you desire and to also make sure that you have proper breathing function after your procedure. The "septo" portion addresses the problems that may have occurred during the fracture for functional purposes. While you may not have breathing difficulties now if your nose is reduced and narrowed in surgery it is important to make sure you have proper breathing function as well as an aesthetically pleasing nose. The "rhinoplasty" portion will address the cosmetic issues you would like changed which are very realistic after reviewing your preoperative photograph. It would be helpful to use a digital imaging computer to show you the changes that would be proposed to help your new nose look natural and in harmony with your facial features while maintaing perfect function. Best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Michael Elam, MD

Rhinoplasty surgery

+2

It is possible to remove a hump and refine the nasal tip with rhinoplasty. Ideally, the final outcome is a natural looking result that complements your face and enhances your facial features. There are many techniques now that make it possible to obtain a natural outcome, and it is essential that you choose an experienced and board certified specialist to perform any surgery. Computer imaging software is a fantastic tool that allows the surgeon to morph a photo and give you an idea of how the final result of surgery may appear. It also serves as a fantastic communication tool between you and your  prospective surgeon. Cost for a primary rhinoplasty can range from $10,000 - $15,000 depending on the individual circumstances of the patient. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck.

Paul S. Nassif, MD

Rhinoplasty

+2

Thank you for posting photos as well as the dorsal line you are hoping to achieve. It certainly is possible to obtain that profile. Best to go for an exam to get appropriately evaluated. Good luck with your search!

Broken nose with hump

+2

Usually when the nose is broken and a hump is now present, the hump is reduced and the bones are realigned.

At that time, it's best to fix any breathing issues in the septum, turbinate region, deep septum, and nasal valves.

It's also best to address any additional aspects of the nose that the patient wants to have corrected at this time as well. 

Brent Moelleken, MD

Rhinoplasty Surgery and Cost

+2

Thanks for asking the question.  All of the aspects of your nose that you wish to improve are common components of a rhinoplasty.  A consult with your surgeon will help to determine the details of your particular approach.  Costs will vary widely depending on the area of the country you live in, so you will need to make some phone calls to gather this data.  Best wishes!

Brian Howard, MD
Alpharetta Plastic Surgeon

Septorhinoplasty is the answer

+2

A septorhinoplasty will improve the breathing of your nose and also give you the shape that you desire. It is important for you to discuss the changes and use a computer imaging program to see the changes on your actual photos

Robert Mounsey, MD
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty for LaCrosse injury

+2

Based upon the photos you should be able to have a Rhinoplasty that will get you a bridge contour you like. Narrowing/refinement of the nasal tip is also a commonly performed procedure and although your photos don't show the frontal view, you would likely see some improvement there as well. An in depth consultation with a nasal surgeon will help you to understand your options and if you are indeed a good candidate for surgery. Costs vary depending upon the complexity of the surgery, the experience of the surgeon and even where the procedure is taking place. Typically, uncomplicated  Rhinoplasty surgery can cost $5,000-$8,000 including surgeon and O.R. fees. Best of Luck   Dr Harrell

Jon F. Harrell, DO