Can botox be used to lift under my chin where it has become saggy? (Photo)

I mean where its like my chin goes to my throat instead of going back and then down. From my profile view if I lift my tongue to the roof of my mouth, itpulls it up.

Botox for neck/chin

+1
If the chin is the area that bothers you it looks like your photo that you would benefit from filler such as Juvederm placed into the chin.  Botox will not lift your chin but can be used in the neck to tighten the bands or wrinkles there.  A filler will more likely give you the added volume and lift that you are looking for.

Botox Saggy Chin Skin

+1
Botox would not be effective for the "saggy" skin under your chin. Botox is helpful for lines that develop from muscle contraction not loose, saggy skin. The skin under your chin may be treated with radiofrequency devices, certain lasers, and the Ultherapy ultrasound device. If there is significant laxity of the skin, surgery may be required. Please consult a board certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon for consultation. Best wishes.

Kristin Baird, MD
Longmont Dermatologic Surgeon

Can botox be used to lift under my chin where it has become saggy?

+1
Botox can be very effective for the isolated bands caused by the platysma muscle, but it will not reduce the fatty tissue or lift the lax skin.

I have been using a minimal invasive RadioFrequency temperature controlled method called ThemiTight that has given some very nice volume reduction and lift/tightening to the skin without big incisions. 

Brian J. Lee, MD
Fort Wayne Plastic Surgeon

Botox under the chin

+1
Botox will not lift the neck.  I do use it on the neck for platysma bands that can be bothersome in a patient that otherwise is not a candidate for does not want to have a necklift.

+1
I do not believe so. Bt ONLY IN PERSON consultations allow to fully understand what you are looking for.... 

Botox for Under Chin Problems?

+1
Botox is a neurotoxin.That means that it will stop muscle function.If your problem is from hyperfunction of a muscle, such as the lines between the eyebrows or lateral to the eyes, then Botox is quite useful.In the neck, the only thing that Botox can reduce is hyperfunction of the platysma muscle, or, perhaps, some other abnormal muscle function.What you describe is not something that Botox could address.The most common thing that gives you the problem seen in your pictures is excess fat.This is easily treatable with liposuction, unless this fat is beneath the muscles.If this is the case, then open surgical resection is the only option.Occasionally, this can be due to a prominent muscle which is normal or descended salivary glands.Although these can be treated, it is more difficult.You need to see someone experienced in dealing with the neck with both surgical means and liposuction.

Robert T. Buchanan, MD
Highlands Plastic Surgeon

Treatment of Saggy Chin

+1
Hello Wendi. Botox can sometimes be a good treatment for people who have thick neck bands from enlargement of the neck muscles, however that is not the case with you and I don't recommend Botox treatment to lift your sagging chin. If you are not opposed to surgery, then that would be the best option for you. However, if you would like a less invasive, non-surgical option then you should consider Ultherapy. Ultherapy is the only FDA approved non-surgical treatment to lift, tighten, and tone the skin of the face, neck, and chest. Hope this helps.

Michael A. Zadeh, MD, FACS
Sherman Oaks General Surgeon

Lift

+1
Botox has been used to reduce the effects of platysmal banding but is most often used to reduce wrinkles in the upper third of the face. Laser lipo might help but, surgery is generally the best treatment

David A. Bray, Sr., MD

Botox for Necklift?

+1
Hi Wendi.  Botox is used in the area around the eyes and forehead.  It is a product that relaxes muscle movement to smooth out wrinkles.  It does not work at removing fat or lifting loose skin in the neck.  

You would either need a surgical neck lift or possibly a skin tightening treatment (Thermage, Titan, Ulthera).  We prefer surgery as the effects of the skin tightening procedures typically reverse themselves after about 6 months.  So, unless you want to do skin tightening every 6 months, your best bet is a lower face and neck lift.  Good luck.

Harold J. Kaplan, MD

Botox Chin Lift

+1
Wendij  
Thanks you for all of the wonderful pictures.  It is best to take a look at the area dynamically ( during movement). It appears that you are talking more about the sagging skin under the chin and neck.   This  area will not be improved  with Botox.  Wrinkling of the chin can be improved but sagging of the neck that yow wish tightened needs other modalities.  It is best that you come in for a consultation.  My office is a short ride from Trenton.  I invite you for a complementary consultation so we can see which of my many treatments will be best for you.  Take a look a the link attached which describes one such treatment my lazerlift.

Mark Berkowitz, MD
Sterling Heights Oculoplastic Surgeon