What is the Most Controlled Way to Remove a Very Small Amount of Fat?

I seek to remove approximately 200 ccs of fat - a roll of fat which lies directly and continues obliquely and over the iliac crest towards the back. I can be skinny everywhere else and still have thickness in this area. I am 5"6" and weigh 115. However, because I am so slim any mistake would certainly show up. Does anyone have any suggestions how this area should be addressed to reduce is so it curves in smoothly and blends in with the upper hip without creating superficial dents and waves?

Liposuction of Small Amount of Fat

+1

In general, smaller amounts of fat can be removed effectively, but you will need an exam to determine if this is feasible.  Find the board certified plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of liposuction procedures each year.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Removal of small amounts of fat

+1

You sound like a good liposuction candidate, though in excessively skinny people, liposuction may produce contour irregularities.  I recommend seeing someone who is experienced in lipo, or alternatively looking into something like CoolSculpting which can reduce isolated fat bulges as the one you describe with less incidence of contour issues.

Web reference: http://www.santabarbaraliposuction.com

Santa Barbara Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction hip roles in someone thin

+1

Your best bet is liposuction. But any of the energy sources with liposuction technique can wrok accurately and effectively, i.e. Smart lipo. Personally, I use standard liposuction and have used it since 1982. We have evolved with tumescent liposuctioin, and smaller cannulas. With care and skill, you will get a smooth result. Just like any art work, the result is in the hands of the artisan and not the equipment. This should not be a problem for you. Good luck.

Savannah Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction requires some finesse by the surgeon, particularly for areas was modest fat.

+1

Generally speaking liposuction is not a particularly difficult technical exercise. There are however nuances to the procedure is separate the good surgeon from the hack. With experience liposuction can be refined by technique employing cannulas of different caliber and different lengths.

Web reference: http://www.zubowicz.com/subpag.php?ID=20

Lipo

+1

Liposculpting or removal of the fat using very small cannulas and controlled suction techniques are best for this kind of excision

Liposuction

+1

I agree with above comments that using small cannulas allows for more accurate liposculpturing.  By using local anesthesia, you can change positions which further helps the plastic surgeon contour a small area.  Any gentle technique that the surgeon is comfortable with can be used.

Albany Plastic Surgeon

Ways to remove a small amount of fat

+1

Thanks for your question.  Without seeing a photo, it is difficult to make a specific recommendation.  However, the area that you describe is a very common area of concern for women.  Liposuction is always an option to reduce areas of fat and allows the surgeon the ability to contour the area.  Liposuction does carry the risk of contour irregularities but in the hands of a qualified plastic surgeon the risk is low.  Coolsculpting is another option to reduce small areas of fat by freezing the fat cells.  The procedure is non-surgical and has a very low complication rate.  I have not seen any patients develop contour irregularities with this procedure.  I hope this helps.  Best wishes!

Web reference: http://www.plasticsurgeryvips.com/cool_sculpting.asp

Huntsville Plastic Surgeon

Most Controlled Way to Remove a Very Small Amount of Fat?

+1

Thanks for a very interesting question. In a situation like your I perform a dry liposuction using thin 2 mm cannulas that can show me on the operation table the result as compared to wet where the liquid injected distorts the area and you never know what shape will finally emerge. It however has a chance of bruising in the area of liposuction that will settle down in 7 to 10 days time. I hope it answers your question and surely it must be performed by those who are regular doing liposuctions.

Web reference: http://www.dubai-aesthetica.com/body/liposuction-women.html

Dubai Plastic Surgeon

Small Cannulae and Slow technique to get great results

+1

I agree with other replies: accurate results are not achieved with power tools (laser/hydro/power/ultrasonic/gizmo/etc.). 

Liposuction

+1

I think that a surgeon who is good at liposuction can do this elegantly to produce the desired results that you want.