Treatments to Preserve Youthful Skin?

I am a 24 yr old female. I want to start taking care of my skin. Currently I use Retin-A micro at night and Glycolic acid during the day with a moisturizer and sunblock.

I have had several superficial peels, Microdermabrasion, and 2 IPL treatments in the past. What is a good treatment regimen with regards to professional procedures I can do to keep my skin young looking for as long as possible?

I was thinking about doing the Triniti skin series of 3 with a maintenance every 6 months. What are your suggestions? Thanks so much.

Basic skin care is a must - Retin A plus sunscreen use will give you the most benefits.

+2

To make the answer to your question, do this: Retin-A 0.05% at night, and sunscreen in the morning. This is the basic staple of an age prevention and wrinkle prevention regimen. The more your reapply the moisturizing sunscreen, the better. One of my favorite sunscreen choices for this purpose is Cetaphil Facial Moisturizer with SPF and Neutrogena Healthy Defense Daily Moisturizer. Other options for helpful facial applications include Vitamin C serums.

Doing regular glycolic peels and microdermabrasions will also be helpful, but are generally not emphasized at the age of 24. But, if you wished to start early, there is little harm in that. Preventative Botox to prevent forehead, glabellar, and periorbital wrinkles is a great idea as well.

As far as home regimens go, I have no bias towards any of them. Probably one of the better ones is the Obagi system, but that includes Retin-A which I believes does most of the work. Also, it is indicated in older patients with more established photodamage. I would guess that it doesn't apply to you now, but it is a good option for an older patient with more sun damage.

Hope this helps!

Beverly Hills Dermatologist