How Many Treatments Are Required for Liposonix?

I want to treat love handles, and cellulite on front, back and side of thighs. Is this treatment appropriate and is one treatment what I should expect? What can I expect to pay? I am 5'8" and weigh 135 pounds, with terrible cellulite on my legs. Age 52. Exercise regularly.

Liposonix is a one-time treatment

+1
Thank you for your question. Liposonix is a one-time treatment, if you feel as though you need more treatments you have to wait at least 6 months to a year. Consult with doctor to find out if you are healing properly and what the next step is.

Liposonix, Aesthetic Ultrasound

+1

Can remove 1-4 inches with a single treatment.  In the U.S. it is not recommended to repeat treatments, however, in Europe and in Canada the procedure can be repeated after 3 months.  There is no reason why multiple treatments cannot be performed.  Remember that it is equally important that you adopt a healthy lifestyle, including exercise and dietary restrictions, to maintain the results of LipoSonix.  Costs are based on the surface areas treated, usually around $130-$150 per square (size of the ultrasound head).  It is best to have a clinical evaluation and they can give you better estimates.  I hope this helps!

Curt Samlaska, MD

Liposonix results

+1

Liposonix is FDA approval for non-invasive fat reduction along the waist. Their slogan is  One Treatment, One Hour, One Size Smaller. We have been impressed with the results not only along the waist.

Joshua L. Fox, MD
Long Island Dermatologic Surgeon

Wait and See

+1

Generally it is recommended that one waits an average of three months following LipoSonix treatment at which point a second treatment can be considered. 

Cameron Rokhsar, MD

Generally one loses one inch of fat in the area of treatment, and smoothing of cellulite.

+1

Based on your description, it sounds as if the Liposonix technology will work for you. If you wish to have an additional amount of sculpting and tightening (generally patients lose about 1 inch of fat per treatment area), we ask patients to wait three months before they consider having another treatment. Extensive photography and measurements should take place before your procedure, so that your progress is documented for you.

Christine Glavey, MD (retired)
Alpharetta Dermatologic Surgeon

Liposonix is designed for single treatment

+1

Liposonix, which uses focused ultrasound energy for permanent reduction of localized fat, is designed to be done in a single treatment. The body then re-absorbs the fat tissue over a period of several weeks. The FDA clearance for Liposonix is for waist reduction, and in the U.S. there is not much experience treating cellulite on the thighs.

Richard Baxter, MD