Treatments for Major Damage from Laser Procedures?

I've had affirm, ipl and thermage over a 3yr period. I have DNA damage to my skin, ice pick scars, boxcar scars, rolling scars, collagen separation/stretch marks, fat loss, sagging, wrinkles, etc. Is there anything that can permanently fix this or am I doomed to hide behind closed doors for what remains of my life. I am 46yrs old and in good health..no drugs, alcohol, cigs. I drink about a gallon of water/day. Take vitamins, minerals, herbs, go to massage, chiro, acupuncture and I exercise reg.

Acne scars

+1

Your facial acne scars seem to be composed of many atrophic conditions. You may be served well to consider consulting with a specialist who does scar revision for acne scars. It may take many sessions over years to do small scar excisions, but you should be conservative and test a small area first as the revisions can develop a worse scar, that is the reality, especially because it seems that you might have a gene for poor healing (if that truly exists). You could be checked for an inherited condition called Ehler Danlos that can produce such poor healing. Possibly taking vitamin C supplements may help healing with better collagen and less spreading (500 twice per day, but check with your doctor if there is any reason you shouldn't).  Ice pick scars can be treated by having a series of punch grafts which involve surgical removal of the narrow and deep scars and replacing them with a tiny core skin graft taken from behind the ear and sewn in the crease so it's hard to tell all that skin was removed from the donor area. Then after all the series are done, resurfacing can be done to improve the tiny grafts. Possibly fat injections can be done in wider depressed areas.

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.