Tips to Slow Down the Signs of Aging

There are lines beginning to form around the sides of my mouth, and I'm wondering, what treatments are recommended for slowing this process down? Will fillers or laser treatment help?

Lasers are the best, but fillers can help as well. Don't forget about Botox, too.

+2

Thank you for your question. For lines around the mouth, here's what you can do:

1. Lasers - Doing a fractional resurfacing procedure can significantly improve the appearance of lines around the mouth. There are different types of lasers with different outcomes and different downtimes. Choosing which is best is a choice between you and your physician. In my opinion, fractional CO2 lasers would be the best option if possible.
  2. Fillers - While excellent at filling lines, it is truly an artistic skill that varies by practitioner. Using a filler can look natural, or clumpy in this area, and results can vary. Not the highest on my list of aesthetic procedures for improvement around the lips.
  3. Botox - Injecting Botox around the lips will decrease your ability to make these lines. Only 1-2 units in 2-4 places can make a significant difference. The main side effect, however, is that you may have difficulty puckering, whistling, or sucking out of a straw. These effects are temporary, and the cost is somewhat minimal compared to the others, so it may be worth a shot for most people. It would be an excellent adjunct to doing the fractional resurfacing procedure described above.
Beverly Hills Dermatologist

Fillers and lasers both can help

+1
Fillers and lasers both can help. Fillers can be injected under the lines directly or volume can be filled in the mid cheek that helps support the lower face and diminishes lines also. Of course, your condition is unique and the type of laser or filler must be determined by the physician who sees you after the appropriate examination.

Web reference: http://www.thenyac.com