What Treatments Are Available for my Facial Asymmetry?

My lips, nose, eyes, ears and facial bones are asymmetrical. I inherited it from my mother and I'm really sick of it. Now that she's going older and her skin have lost its elasticity, the asymmetry is more visible and I know that i'll have the same fate. people usually don't recognize this but I look horrendous in photos. This problem has messed up my mental health. I need to know that to what extent will plastic surgery improve my condition, specially lips and nose and what are the risks?

You are beautiful!

+4

Asymmetry is common--nobody has a perfectly symmetric face.  A bit of asymmetry is what makes us look interesting. I don't see anything "wrong" with your face.  Nor would I suggest a multitude of procedures for you.  Plastic surgery will not make you love yourself, and it won't fix things that aren't right in your life.  I think you need to look elsewhere, not plastic surgery, for your answers.

Facial symmetry

+3

There is nothing wrong with your facial symmetry and I assure you that you do not look horrendous. There is some other issue going on here and it is imperative that you be evaluated by a psychologist or psychiatrist in conjunction with a plastic surgeon to avoid major problems down the road.

Aaron Stone, MD

Facial asymmetry

+2

Facial asymmetry is normal.  The photos looks a bit distorted so it is hard to evaluate things, but if you are unhappy  with some facial asymmetry, then perhaps facial fillers may offer a remedy to even out the discrepancy.