What Treatments Exist to Make Stretch Marks Less Noticeble?

Having a olive skin i don't notice when they appear because they don't come pink as i've seen in other peoples pictures, and so when i tan ,i see this white wrinkled lines through the body. i have mostly on the end of my back, breasts, hips and inner thighs.

Less Noticable stretch marks

+1

Unfortunately stretch marks cannot be removed by any non-surgical method. The only way they can be removed is through surgery. Some modalities such as laser can reduce the unsightly appearance but cannot totally remove the marks.Stretch marks are caused because the skin is stretched beyond its capacity to recoil. Its like a rubber band that is over stretched and can never regain its original shortened length. Any laser that claims to tighten skin has not addressed the basic physiologic problem which is a dermis that is overstretched. The laser will however help the coloration but the stretch marks themselves will persist. You have to ask yourself if the goal is stretch mark removal or if its the discoloration that bothers you. Your best option is to have  tummy tuck. Any stretch marks above the umbilicus will likely not be removed. Visit with a plastic surgeon.

Artisan 1540 to treat strech marks on darker skin

+1

In my pratice we utilize the Artisan 1540™: Fractional non-ablative laser to treat stretch marks that are fully developed and are white or light in color.

Fractional resurfacing is a selective treatment, that leaves the surface of the skin unharmed. Instead, the laser damages tiny columns of skin, creating hundreds of microscopic wounds that boost collagen production and help the body heal stretch marks.

Fractional non-ablative lasers boast a short recovery time – the skin will just be pink in the treated region for about a week.

Treatment of the lower abdomen takes about an hour and half, but it takes five to six treatments to see results. Sessions should be spaced three to four weeks apart.

Fractional lasers cannot remove stretch marks completely. After six treatments, the stretch marks should fade by about 50%.

I hope this information helps. Best of Luck,

Dr. Clevens

Web reference: http://www.drclevens.com/artisan-laser.html

Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon