What Treatments Are Effective for Acne Scars and Enlarged Pores?

I've suffered from acne for 10yrs and under control. Within past 6 mths I've had 3 fraxel restores and 1 microlaser peel. I have some improvements but I hope to have better results. The "dents" dont seem to smooth out and pigmentations are still visible. I'm very conscientious and would die to have good skin. The peel was done at 10 microns and fraxel at treatment lv 45, 7 depth. Were these appropriate settings? What other procedures can I try? Im feeling discouraged and hopeless. Pls advise

Treatment of Acne Scars

+1

There are a number of options available for treatment of your acne scars.

1) Total Fx - with the ultrapulse CO2 laser.  The laser goes a bit deeper and will get you more improvement in the scars. 

2) Subcision and Filler or Fat grafting - surgical release of the scars with filler or fat to plump the scars up.  

3) Surgical excision of deepest scars

4) Microdroplet silicone injections

I use all these treatments with my acne scarring patients to get maximal improvement.  

Long Island Facial Plastic Surgeon

Hello

+1

In our practice we do Profractional Laser and Micro laser peel to help minimize acne scarring. We cannot guarantee it wills remove 100% of your scars, but it will definitely make a huge difference. If you’re looking for something a little more aggressive you can also do a mini face lift to stretch out your skin making the acne scars less visible. Without an exam it’s hard to be more exact.