How Long Until I Can Have Treatments SUch as Fraxel and Fillers After Mini Lift?

I had a mini lift 3 months ago and want to know if Mild Fraxel, Fillers etc. can be performed now or should I wait longer for everything to heal? I had severe swelling afterward and all is well now except for some numbness around the front of ears.

When to have laser and fillers after lift.

+2

The advantages of mini lift procedures are several, including the ability to combine multiple procedures such as blepharoplasty (eyelid), fat transfer, and laser skin resurfacing procedures with the lifting surgery.  I generally perform these procedures in one session.  If you choose to stage these procedures, fillers and laser could be accomplished within 4-6 weeks of a mini lift.  Laser skin resurfacing serves to remove discoloration of the skin and improve tone and overall quality;  mini lifts serve to elevate jowl and sagging neck tissues.

Wayne Facial Plastic Surgeon

Timing for Postop Facelift fillers and other treatments

+1

Assuming you had a normal recovery, three months or more after either a Mini Facelift or Full Facelift is safe to consider use of injectable fillers, Botox/Dysport, mild chemical or laser peels and other adjunct or maintenance procedures.

Larry S. Nichter, MD, MS, FACS

Cosmetic treatments 3 months after minilift

+1

Three months is enough time for your face to heal. There should be no problem with having these procedures done. It is probably a good idea to discuss this with the your surgeon before getting dermal fillers or laser work.

Babak Azizzadeh, MD

+1

Fillers after a mini Face Lift should not be a problem at anytime however a Fraxel Laser might have to wait for 6 months or so based on how extensively the skin flap is elevated on the face.  Your Face Lift Surgeon should be able to make that determination.

Procedures AFTER a Mini Lift?

+1

There is little doubt you are ready to have some additional procedures. What we are waiting for is  a return of a robust collateral circulation to the skin flaps before you treat the skin additionally.  A three month wait is quite sufficient to have reestablished the blood supply. The numbness will take a few more months. The severe swelling immediately after will have no impact.  Be sure to get on a great skin care regime and stick to it. Great product lines exisit to turn the age of you skin back many years. Good Luck.

Charles Virden, MD
Reno Plastic Surgeon