The Best Treatment for New Transverse Forehead Wrinkles?

I am 32, half-Asian, half-Caucasian, with rather dry, very sensitive, eczema-prone olive-toned skin. I have just recently "discovered" fine transverse wrinkles on my forehead that used to disappear when my muscles relaxed. Now they do not.

Would Botox or an abrasive treatment be the best course of action to treat and prevent further damage?

Botox or Dysport are great for forehead lines

+1

Either Botox or Dysport can effectively treat horizontal forehead lines. However, if you can stretch the skin and still see the lines, Botox or Dysport will not fully correct the lines and other treatment options may be needed. It all depends how deep and permanent the lines have become.

I hope I was helpful.

Austin Dermatologist

Botox works for forehead wrinkles

+1

Botox is an excellent choice to diminish fine transverse wrinkles of the forehead. It will also prevent deepening of the wrinkles and potentially make them go away completely with repeated treatments.

I usually recommend treatments every 3 months in the beginning, first year or so, and then potentially spreading the treatments out to as needed - which may be every 4 or 5 months. The treatments work great in any skin type.

Jennifer Parker Porter, MD
Chevy Chase Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox for Horizontal Forehead Lines

+1

Transverse or Horizontal forehead lines are caused by activity of a vertically oriented muscle in the forehead known as the frontalis. The easiest, most efficient, and lowest downtime procedure available to achieve this is via Botox injections. Botox will only last for 3 months but is safe and reproducible.

Stephen Prendiville, MD
Fort Myers Facial Plastic Surgeon

BOTOX Cosmetic works well to minimize the appearance of horizontal forehead wrinkles.

+1

I think you'll benefit from a well-done, BOTOX treatment to your forehead. Your results will last for around 4 months. You'll likely need  between 25 and 40 units to get a maximum benefit.

I hope this is helpful for you.

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

The best treatment for new onset forehead wrinkles

+1

You are describing the classic case for Botox. By the way, welcome to the aging process. That is how it works. The only drawback to the Botox is that it is not permanent so over time the costs add up. In today's world the majority of plastic surgeons would prefer to do the botox over surgery to remove portions of the forehead muscle that create the wrinkles.

Aaron Stone, MD

Botox

+1

These lines are due to the action of the frontalis muscle. By relaxing the tension on these muscles, these lines should remit. This is especially true if they are not pronounced which seems to be the case with yours.

Arnold R. Oppenheim, MD
Virginia Beach Dermatologist