What is the Best Treatment for a Surgery Scar on Knee?

I have an onld surgery scar on my knee and I do not want it to be so noticeable.

Scar revision

+2

The scar has widened because of motion at the knee creating distracting forces on the scar edges. That will not change if you cut out the scar to make a new one as long as the knee moves. In fact it could make things worse. In my experience this is as good as it gets-sorry to say so.

My response to your question/post does not represent formal medical advice or constitute a doctor patient relationship. You need to consult with i.e. personally see a board certified plastic surgeon in order to receive a formal evaluation and develop a doctor patient relationship.

Surgical scar and laser scar revision

+1

Fractional co2 laser skin resurfacing may improve the texture of this scar.  Scar revision is likely too risky for recurrence.

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS