Treatment for Sun Damage, Acne, Scars, and Visible Veins?

I am 33 and have significant sun damage from wakeboarding. In addition to fine lines and wrinkles, I have patchy light brown areas below my eyes. I also have some acne scars and red veins below my nose. I also continue to battle against an acne problem. Is there a treatment that will address all of these?

Combination Therapy Recommended

+1

I would recommend a combination of treatments to get the desired outcome you are looking to achieve.  I'd recommend treatments with Pixel and AFT (photofacial); Pixel would help with the texture of your skin to improve the fine lines, wrinkles, and pore size.  AFT will help with pigmentation issues such as brown spots and broken capillaries.

Web reference: http://www.hallplasticsurgery.com/skin-texture-color-tightening-austin.html

Treatment for acne, acne scars, discoloration, and facial veins

+1

I recommend that you see a dermatologist about appropriate prescription medication for your acne which should improve your skin within a few months and prevent future scars.

There are several minimally invasive lasers that work for acne scars and pigmentation. In my practice the best results for acne scars are from a series of treatments with the Fraxel laser. Fraxel also can help with brown pigmentation and fine lines.

It would be necessary to combine this with a targeted treatment using a blood vessel specific laser such as the VBeam or other pulsed dye laser to treat the facial veins. IPL can also be used for this, but in my opinion is not as successful as laser or may require more treatments.

Consult with your doctor about the various treatment programs.

Torrance Dermatologist

Multiple facial issues of veins, sun spots, etc

+1

Wake boarding sounds fun! The sun damage can be treated by so many different things. FIrst you can go on a skin care regimen to help improve the skin color that combines retin-A and hydroquinone. Second you can have IPL treatments. Third, you can have multiple treatments using lasers taargeting the spider veins.

Treatment for sun damage, acne, acne scars, blood vessels

+1

A series of IPL/fotofacial treatments would help address the sun-damaged skin, blood vessels and to some degree, the acne, although when it comes to acne in general, there really is no substitute for the effectiveness of prescribed medications. IPL/Fotofacial would probably do nothing for acne scars, although there are treatments for that as well including resurfacing lasers, chemical peels, saline subcision.

Good luck.

San Diego Dermatologist

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.