Treatment for Spider Veins and Redness?

I have spider veins on my shoulders and back and some pinkness and redness on my nose and cheeks. What treatment should I get?

Pinkness, Redness and Spider Veins

+1

For diffuse pinkness or redness on the face, especially with no distinct vessels, I think a series (3-5) of IPL treatments on the face would be great.  For the spider veins on the shoulders and back (difficult to say for sure without seeing you but...) you could use Nd:YAG laser, Pulsed Dye Laser (PDL), KTP laser or IPL.  Always best to get a face to face consult for the best options but know there are a number of options available to you.

PDL, IPL for redness and spider veins; Laser Genesis for redness

+1

Fortunately, there are several lasers and light-based devices that can treat spider veins or broken capillaries. Among these are Pulsed dye lasers (PDL) which may require 2-3 treatments one month apart. For more involved areas with diffuse redness, intense pulsed light devices (IPL) are often more helpful because they tend to be able to treat a larger area more rapidly, but may also require 3-4 treatments.

Another option for the treatment of pinkness and redness on the cheeks and nose without discrete blood vessels is a non-ablative rejuventating treatment known as Laser genesis, using a 1064 nm Nd:Yag device. This treatment works by heating the skin which stimulates the formation of collagen, which also helps to subtly reduce fine lines and wrinkles in addition to reducing rednesss.

Ritu Saini, MD