Treatment of Sensitive Teeth

Hi, i am 20yrs old this year and recently felt pain in my teeth when i eat or drink cold/hot food drinks. Even sucking in cold air hurts my teeth a little. I dont want to loose my teeth. I tried using toothpaste that help with sensitivity, but it did nothing. What can be done? Please help.

Sensitive teeth

+5

Your best bet for finding a way to end this sensitivity is to see a dentist and have a thorough exam with x-rays and cleaning. There are so many possible causes for tooth sensitivity that it's very difficult to give you an answer without an exam (it's sometimes difficult with one). Possible causes include cavities, recession, erosion, bruxism and more.

Cleveland Cosmetic Dentist

Sensitive Tooth

+1

Sensitivity to cold, hot, or sweets may be an indication of tooth decay.  See your dentist for a check up and x-rays.  It is best to seek treatment soon before the cavity progresses further.  Best, Dr. Elizabeth Jahanian

Elizabeth Jahanian, DDS
Corona Cosmetic Dentist

Tooth sensitivity

+1

There are number of reasons which can cause sensitive teeth .It can be because of deeper cavities, gum recession because of periodontal disease and overgrinding your teeth.The best way to deal with them is to go to the dentist and find the  right cause of sensitivity and the proper solution to it.

Dalvir Pannu, DDS
San Jose Cosmetic Dentist

Clenching and Grinding can cause tooth sensitivity

+1

We hope you are feeling better and that your teeth are not too sensitive. 

There are all sorts of reasons your teeth can be sensitive.  Make sure you go to see your dentist for a check up and cleaning.  Recession, over-brushing and cavities can all cause sensitivity.

Discuss desensitizing options if you have gum recession.  Sometimes a gum graft can help.  Make sure you don't have any cavities.  Because clenching and grinding can cause hot and cold sensitivity, make sure you talk to your dentist about these habits and talk about a bite guard to protect your teeth.

Wendy S. Spektor, DDS
Bellevue Cosmetic Dentist

Tooth Sensitivity

+1

Sorry you are experiencing so much sensitivity to hot and cold. It is not uncommon. Sensitivity can occur from recession, over-brushing, or bruxism (clenching or grinding). There are many products available that are professionally administered. You would be wise to get a professional evaluation at your dentist to determine the cause and best solution.

Mickey Bernstein, DDS
Memphis Cosmetic Dentist