Best Treatment for Scar from ACL Surgery?

Is there any treatment of a surgical scar on the knee? I had ACL surgery. Its not a keloid it looks like wrinkled skin thats light that the rest of my skin. (African American)

Surgical scar from ACL repair

+1

Recently studies have come out regarding the use of fractional lasers to ablate and decrease the appearance of scars and stretch marks. The technology allows a fraction of the scar to be removed at the time of treatment and then the heat created from the laser will stimulate collagen rejuvenation. Early results are very encouraging.

ACL scar

+1

Scars on the knee, or for that matter, on any mobile surface like the elbows or shoulders, tend not to heal too well. This may be due to the mobility of the area and the constant stretching. The best treatment is probably silicone sheeting or some kind of compression.

Bad ACL scar

+1

It depends on the width of the scar. If it is wide, then scar revision may be worth a try. If it is thin and pale, there are few options for improvment. Some use tattoo to camouflage the color of the scar.