IPL 6 Months Following Rhinoplasty

Hello. I had open approach rhinoplasty six months ago and am consequently still at the stage where there is still some post operative swelling. My question is as follows. I wish to have IPL (Intense Pulsed Light) treatment for Rosacea. Am I able to proceeed with IPL treatment at this stage of my recovery or do I need to wait?

IPL after Rhinoplasty

+1

Though there may still be swelling in the area, there should be no problem having an IPL treatment 6 months after surgery.  Let your provider know about your recent surgery so they can be a bit more gentle in the placement of the IPL during treatment.  Some patients do experience a few more small capillaries after rhinoplasty or diffuse redness around the nose which is nicely treated with the IPL.

Web reference: http://www.marinaplasticsurgery.com

IPL therapy can follow surgical procedures on other parts of the face

+1

IPL therapy can follow surgical procedures on other parts of the face. The treatment should avoid the surgically treated areas if they are still healing.

Chicago Dermatologist

IPL safe 6 months after rhinoplasty

+1

IPL is safe 6 months after rhinoplasty. Your physician should take care not to pressure on your nose.

Mainz Dermatologic Surgeon

When is it safe to have IPL after rhinoplasty?

+1

It has been 6 months since you had rhinoplasty--you may have your IPL treatments.  Your nose is healed even though you still have swelling.  It may take as long as a full year before all of the swelling is completely gone.  But it is safe to have IPL or other laser treatments on your skin. In fact, I often use a laser to speed up the clearance of post-op bruises in the days after surgery.

Atlanta Dermatologic Surgeon

Rosacea treatment, IPL and post-op rhinoplasty

+1
Personally, I would not have a problem treating you for your rosacea with IPL (or laser) at 6 months post-op from your rhinoplasty.  There shouldn't be any interference with the healing of your nose.  Best wishes!

Web reference: http://day-spa-orlando.com/

IPL 6 Months Following Rhinoplasty

+1

Most likely there is no relationship effect but I would wait at least a full year tio be safe. From Miami Dr. Darryl j. Blinski

IPL can be used 6 months after surgery

+1

IPL treats brown and red spots on the skin.  It does provide some improvement of skin texture, but it should not interfere with the normal healing process.

Short Hills Dermatologic Surgeon