What is the Best Treatment to Repair Texture and Appearance of Skin After Scarring After Laser Resurfacing Treatments?

I had a full face laser resurfacing done 9 months ago & plastic surgeon went deep on my cheeks. I had 2 weeks of down time & cheeks were pink for 3 months. 3 months after, I had 2 laser peels. Tried to get money back before the last treatment, but the Dr.'s office urged me to finish treatments. Now 6 months since the last laser, my skin has a shiny texture in places where it looks like it is trying to heal over, dots, enlarged pores and skin is textured & almost "creepy". What is best treatment to correct?

Scarring after laser resurfacing

+1

Heather

These situations are challenging but I have had very good success in improving skin appearance and texture in many cases.  Are the elevated areas on you skin shown in the photos firm?  What was your goal in having this treatment done? e.g. treatment of acne scarring, sun damage, etc. 

In general, a combination of vascular laser and nonablative fractional resurfacing can be of benefit.  However, sometimes I use ablative fractional resurfacing as well.  It just helps to see and feel the skin before making a definitive treatment plan.

Brian Biesman

Nashville Oculoplastic Surgeon