What Are Treatment Options for Acne on the Back?

I'm 17 years old and have had acne on my back for couple years. I don't want to take antibiotics. Is there an effective treatment I can try?

Back acne

+1

You should see a dermatologist for treatment.  Several treatments avoiding oral medication are available.  You may require topical prescription creams containing tretinoin, antibiotics and benzoyl peroxide.  Over the counter treatments include salicylic acid acne wash and benzoyl peroxide gel.  Treatments include extractions, light chemical peels with salicylic acid or glycolic acid, and Isolaz.

Toronto Dermatologist

Non medication treatments for acne on back

+1

Body acne can be tougher to treat than facial acne, particularly if you don't want to take medications. There is a system made by SkinCeuticals for acne that contains non-prescription products that can be used on the face and body. The wash and the toner are particularly effective for the body. If you aren't getting good results after using these, you might need to take some prescription medications.

F. Victor Rueckl, MD