Which Treatment is More Cost Effective: Dysport or Botox?

I don't just want to know which one is cheapest, I also want to know which is the better buy, based on results and need for repeat treatments.

Botox and Dysport price comparison

+1

Both manufacturers discount the product HEAVILY to the providers when they purchase large quantities. Discounts can be 30% or more per vial. That is very significant. Unfortunately, these savings are often not passed down to the patient. One provider may offer Botox for less than Dysport and another the opposite. Most will have similar prices.

Miami Dermatologic Surgeon

Botox and Dysport are almost clinically identical and have similar cost

+1

The cost of the Dysport and Botox are similar when using a 3:1 unit conversion ration between the two, respectively. There might be a slightly faster action of onset, by a day, with the Dysport, but the duration and effectiveness in the aesthetic outcome of smoothness appears to be the same at 6 days.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Cost Analysis: Botox vs. Dysport

+1

As many panel members have mentioned, this is dependent on which product seems to work  best for you. When comparing price per unit, the costs are equivalent. Duration of product is typically 3-4 months for both.   The manufacturers of Dysport are currently offering a rebate program, which can help offset the costs.  And as other panel members have mentioned, be wary of the "bargain" botox or dysport, as often times you will not get a desirable outcome.

Harold J. Kaplan, MD

Cost

+1

They are pretty much the same in terms of cost and effectiveness. I would also check for rebates and ask your office if they have any product deals. Often, offices run specials on either Botox and/or Dysport.  Best of luck to you!

Philip Young, MD
Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon

Cost Effectiveness of Dysport or Botox

+1

Both Dysport and Botox last about the same amount of time, have similar results, and usually cost about the same price. The only difference is that the manufacturers often offer rebates to compete with one another. You can check their websites to see what they are offering, thus making one more cost effective than the other.

F. Victor Rueckl, MD

Dysport may be more cost effective

+1

The two treatments (Botox and Dysport) are relatively the same in terms of treatment effect, however, there have been some anecdotal reports that Dysport does last slightly longer than Botox.  In my opinion, I think that the conversion is about 2.5-3 units of Dysport for every 1 unit of Botox.  We have it priced so that Dysport is one-third the cost per unit as our Botox.  Additionally, although one of the Medicis "specials" just ended in September, they do offer many good rebates to try their product over Botox.

Jason D. Bloom, MD
Philadelphia Facial Plastic Surgeon

Dysport same or similar to Botox

+1

Dysport cost is similar to Botox, unless there is a manufacturer or distributor sponsored rebate that would make one or the other more cost effective.

In my practice, we eseentially treat both Botox and Dysport as equivalent treatments.

Dysport periodically runs $50 rebates - at least, they have been.  You never know when this might stop.

Robert Strimling, MD

Cheap Botox or Dysport is a waste of money!

+1

The cheaper the botox/dysport, the less likely you will get descent results or last the 3-4 months which is average.  Expect to pay $300 per area.  Dysport tends to last a little longer than regular botox but not always. Sincerely,

David Hansen,MD

David Hansen, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Dysport vs. Botox Cost

+1

There is no universal answer to this question.  However, I think you will find on average that you can get the same result for less money using Dysport.  In my office it will cost you about 10% less, not including any rebates.  But, just like buying anything, it will depend on who you are buying it from.  Dysport has been offering rebates of $50 per treatment plus a bonus $50 if you are switching from Botox, so the added $100 will make it more cost effective virtually everywhere.

Louis W. Apostolakis, MD
Austin Facial Plastic Surgeon

Xeomin

+1

There is a third Botox competitor that is about to hit the market called Xeomin.  It will reportedly be priced below the cost of Botox to try to gain market share.  Many doctors will pass these savings on to the patient so that may be a less expensive alternative in the future.   The dosing is supposed to be a 1:1 equivalent with Botox. 

Richard Ort, MD
Lone Tree Dermatologic Surgeon