What Treatment Would Be Best for Cystic Acne Scars - Laser or Chemical Peel?

I am a 63 year old female have scars from cystic acne, large pores and thin pinkish Irish skin I would like to address the scars before doing somethng as agressive as a face lift would either of the above procedures be an option for me?

Laser better for acne scars

+2

The two treatments that work for severe scars are traditional dermabrasion and fractional laser resurfacing (either Fraxel Restore or Deep/ Active FX). Chemical peel works well for photoaging. Good luck.

New Orleans Dermatologist

Superior Treatment for Cystic Acne Scars

+1

My suggestion to you would be to undergo a fractionated laser resurfacing. In particular, consider the Lumenis Total FX fractionated CO2 laser or the Fraxel Re:Store. Either treatment should provide you with significant improvements in your skin quality. Additionally, I would suggest that you abide by a sound skin regime which would include topical Vitamin C and a tretinoin. 

Warmest Regards,

Glenn Vallecillos, M.D., F.A.C.S.

Glenn Vallecillos, MD