Treatment of Keloids?

My wife has keloids on her stomach. apart from the occasional itching it causes her, her spirit is generally low these days. I am a Junior Staff at my place of work. She is unemployed. We are not even sure we will be able to fund the cost of the treatment to remove this cause of unceasing pain. Can someone help us?.

Treatment of keloids on the abdomen

+1

Keloids can be treated with IIT, pressure treatment, and laser therapy.  Not all keloids will require surgery.  I would seek early treatment.

Treating keloids on the stomach

+1

Keloids are a common, thick scar which can occasionally be itchy or tender. There are various treatments to consider, and best to speak with your dermatologist or plastic surgeon about them. Starting with injections of cortisone is probably your best bet, and also cost effective.

Benjamin Barankin, MD
Toronto Dermatologic Surgeon